Posted On: 2-20-2020
Position Title: Specialist – Resource Planning & Analysis
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact information: Crystal Chapman, email@example.com
Overview & key responsibilities
Apply the principles of Reservations staffing across engagement centers and lines of business. The Specialist provides analysis for determining staffing requirements based on changes in process, technology, and flight schedule, in addition to strategically planning for long term vision.
Summary of responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
- Develops recommendations based on analysis and synthesis of information from multiple sources under broad direction.
- Serves as liaison and subject matter expert on behalf of Resource Planning with Reservations leadership various stakeholders including Finance and Human Resources; acts as a SME in statistical analysis software and development of staffing models using resource planning software; and acts as a SME for Resource Planning for all items related to staffing and staffing software.
- Works cross-divisionally to provide Reservations input on the staffing-related operational impact of strategic and network decisions.
- Partners with technology provider to report and diagnose issues related to the staffing software.
- Develops individualized models in an effort to present the most efficient staffing solution to ad-hoc request.
- Leads multiple complex resource planning related projects and strategic initiatives that aid in better deployment of resources and continually reviews processes to improve operational performance, productivity and efficiency.
- Acts as liaison with technology vendors and prepares ad hoc reporting and analyses as required.
- Leads preparation of communication and reporting that analyzes the monthly front line staffing variances versus the Operating Plan.
- Consolidates monthly staffing reports for review with senior leadership.
- Develops complex Operating Plan templates for staffing; must be able to accurately portray the staffing needs of the upcoming year.
- Performs training and provides guidance to new members of the Resource Planning team on staffing software and staffing models.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience OR without a degree, equivalent relevant work experience in a related field such as Operational support or data analytics.
- Must be proficient in Excel functionalities including lookup functions, statistical analysis (regression, correlation), creation and execution of macros, creation and manipulation of pivot tables, data validation functions, conditional formatting, data filtering, file linking, if / else statements, and charts and graphs.
- Should be proficient in written and oral communications and able to produce concise, relevant, strategically-driven documents and presentations.
- Should have demonstrated leadership traits in current position and initiative and be able to function well in a team environment.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- Experience with Hyperion Brio and/or SAS is preferred.
- Preferred work experience in applying principles of staffing to call center/airport operations; developing recommendations based on analysis and synthesis of information from multiple sources; using statistical analysis software; developing staffing models using resource planning software.