Posted On: 12-13-2020
Position Title: Sr. Manager, Planning
Job Location: Atlanta, GA or Remote
Apply Online: https://assurant.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Assurant_Careers/job/Atlanta/Sr-Mgr–Planning—Vendor-Support_R-88193
Leading and serving as a subject matter expert for business unit Workforce Planning; you will support multiple lines of business and multi-site Call Center Operations. Our Call Centers operate in multiple locations and include outsourced providers supporting 24×7 operations in a multi-skill, enterprise routing environment. This position is also responsible for properly planning staffing levels in all locations needed to achieve client Service Level objectives and ensure sites are in compliance with all staffing requirements, processes and procedures related to Workforce Management.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You are authentic and love fostering relationships in changing landscapes
- You value the autonomy to use common sense and good judgment to make decisions
- You understand, recognize, and communicate key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging industry related developments
- You are a self-starter, organized and can anticipate the needs of others
- You are able to multi-task and prioritize projects while meeting deadlines
What You Will Like
- The people – we care
- The diversity – every day is different
- The excitement – we focus on ‘What Matters Most’ to our customers
- The difference in the value Assurant places on strong leadership
- The opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our fortune 500 global company
- Competitive salary
The Sr. Mgr, Planning & Vendor Support will have the following primary duties:
- Recruit, hire, train and manage forecasters responsible for properly planning volume and FTE’s needed to meet client SLA’s. Management includes but is not limited to 1) efficient work flow patterns, 2) established performance standards, 3) effective delineation of duties and responsibilities, 4) suitable staffing levels, 5) appropriate supervision and 6) systems for timely communication of pertinent information.
- Recruit, hire, train and manage Workforce Planning Specialist, ensuring workforce management software optimization.
- Work closely with Data Analytics regarding the forecast process. Monitoring variances for continuous improvement.
- Monitor new opportunities to determine impact to structure based on SLA goals, volume, hours of operation. Make recommendations to ensure SLA’s are achieved and the appropriate structure (sites, hrs of operations, forecast groups, etc.) is in place.
- Oversee and provide direction to vendor Workforce Management and Operations related to Workforce practices, ensuring compliance with Assurant processes and procedures. Performs necessary audits and communicates results.
- Assist in designing and implement best practices in Workforce Management across the business unit and lines of business (including outsourced vendors)
- Remain abreast of developments in Workforce Planning in an Enterprise routing scenario by pursuing a program of self-development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, etc. Incorporates advancements when practicable and cost effective.
- Monitor the utilization of eWFM to ensure results are optimized across all sites (including outsourcers)
- Analyze workload of the Forecasters and Workforce Planning Specialist, ensuring the most effective virtual environment
- Maintain communication with vendor site leaders regarding workforce initiatives
- Analyze, communicate and assist in resolving staffing issues
What You Should Know About Us
- Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them
- We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892
- We are a Fortune 500 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 21 countries
- We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 + years of experience working in a contact center environment with at least 2 years of workforce management experience in a management/supervisory role
- Experience working with outsourced partners
- Broad knowledge of Aspect eWFM in a virtual call center environment
- Superior organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Willing and able to work a variety of shifts based on business needs, including weekends and holidays
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with various levels throughout an organization
- Self-starter, self-disciplined and target focused but able to work in a matrixed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive quantifiable business results
- Excellent collaboration skills, team-oriented working style
- Ability to work independently and achieve results under time pressure
- Travel requirement – 10%
- Certified Workforce Planning Professional (CWPP) certification (is a plus)
- Previous experience in workforce for multi-channel call center environment (calls, CHAT, IVR, email, etc)