Posted On: 5-08-2017
Position Title: Sr. Manager Workforce Management
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Apply Online: https://careers.marriottvacationsworldwide.com/en-US/job/sr-manager-workforce-management/J3K5YX6311GTZG88WSD
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others’ vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Generic Position Summary
As a member of the professional staff, contributes a high level of specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support department and/or function objectives. Generally works with considerable independence, developing operating plans and related operational processes for own department in alignment with broader business objectives. Responsible for selection, supervision and development of staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Specific Job Summary
The Senior Manager of Forecasting and Scheduling will lead the workforce management group, supporting a multi-site service center operation. Responsible for developing and maintaining workload and staffing forecasts for multiple skills and channels. This position analyzes historical business data, such as past call and transactional volumes, projected trends, and events (such as customer communications, associate intraday activities, etc.) to create models to forecast projected workload volume for the call center(s) and produces schedules that will optimize staffing levels. Prepares and presents forecasts and staffing plans to ensure optimal service levels are met. Serves as a member of the Owner Services Executive Leadership team and works closely with leadership and management to adjust forecasts and staffing plans in response to new factors or trends affecting staffing needs. Ensures all customer contact channels and volumes are monitored by the Workforce Management team via the Workforce Management System and that necessary adjustments are made to intraday staffing.
This role will serve as a leader and subject matter expert in the discipline of workforce management across multiple customer interaction areas and channels for Owner & Member Services offices worldwide. This role is responsible for forecasting, statistical modeling, scheduling, real-time adherence, and post-performance analysis to ensure consistent achievement of Key Performance Indicators. In addition, this role provides direction, training, mentoring, and development to the workforce management hourly staff. This position is also responsible for developing, fostering, and executing a workforce-management strategy that is driven by and compliments the organizational strategy. Makes recommendations on new and updated processes to maximize efficiency, reduce absenteeism, maximize adherence, and improve other Workforce Management metrics.
Works directly with the operations leaders, other internal resources and/or partners, and related vendors to develop and ensure best-in-class solutions or technical resolutions to issues that may arise. Partners with business leaders to produce volume and budgetary focus models to maximize customer service levels and ensure optimal workforce utilization.
Reports to The General Manager of North American Owner and Member Services.
Generic Expected Contributions
- Develops operating plans and workable business processes for own department in alignment with function strategy.
- Manages larger business processes and/or projects, setting priorities and measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results. Typically influences work of cross-functional or extended teams.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on business requests that have broader department impact and/or moderate risk. Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging the broader organization.
- Works to enhance the organization’s capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
– anticipating staffing requirements by comparing business needs with strengths and weaknesses of existing staff.
– coaching own team to collaborate with others.
– using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best people available from inside or outside.
– establishing goals and delegating tasks appropriately.
– providing timely coaching and feedback
– making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
– engaging in progressive disciplinary processes, when appropriate.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
– acting in a consultative fashion to implement programs impacting the broader organization.
– assisting in the development and communication of broader organizational goals.
– achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
– taking calculated risks to move the department or team forward.
– developing and using systems to organize and keep track of information.
– balancing the interests of own group with the interests of the organization.
– working with others to identify and remove barriers to success.
- Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
- Provide timely, accurate and actionable multi-channel contact forecasts for multiple groups and/or locations, which allow the business to staff the correct number of agents at the correct time in order to meet service level objectives.
- Review, combine, filter, analyze and leverage data from multiple sources and perform statistical analysis of service center data, including forecasting, historical trend analysis, and existing or expected future business trends for customer behavior
- Develop and communicate scheduling requirements (both advance and intraday) to meet service center objectives
- Makes recommendations on new and updated processes to maximize efficiency, reduce absenteeism, maximize adherence, and improve other Workforce Management metrics.
- Ensures all customer contact channels and volumes are monitored by the Workforce Management team via the Workforce Management System and that necessary adjustments are made to intraday staffing.
- Facilitate regular planning meetings with relevant stakeholders; share and adjust accurate short- and long-term workload and headcount forecasts
- Quantify the impact of business initiatives by partnering with all levels of the organization. Proactively work with leadership and management teams, other internal resources and/or partners, and related vendors to recommend efficiencies and affect change.
- Become and serve as the Subject Matter Expert for the operation’s workforce management software.
- Translates technical knowledge and communicates and shares it effectively with key stakeholders
- Assist in the development of databases to ensure accurate information in regards factors impacting forecasting, scheduling and reporting assumptions.
- Identify recurring problems with system processes, policies or procedures; contribute ideas to resolve problems to better service the customer and/or improve productivity.
- Generate and/or requests ad hoc reports and performs analysis as required to support business needs.
- Leads projects by gathering requirements, document and communicate them
- Meets tight deadlines and prioritize workload with excellent attention to detail
- Analyzes business processes, perform work analysis, and develop reports and flow charts
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Handles problems, challenges, and opportunities as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved. Identifies new opportunities and takes action. Takes on new responsibilities when needed.
- Meets or exceeds goals. Drives for results from self and others, and is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles.
- Meets internal and external customer expectations, delivers upon commitments, build customer confidence, and follows through on requests gaining trust and respect.
- Adheres to company core values at all times.
- Miscellaneous duties assigned as needed
- Some travel may be required
Generic Candidate Profile
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally, a professional position requiring significant knowledge and experience in one or more disciplines and/or business operations and associate management. College degree and/or relevant experience generally required.
Specific Candidate Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar field — or equivalent and relevant work history required
- At least 7-10 years of Management/supervisory experience preferred
- At least 7-10 years of successful workforce management experience (with emphasis on forecasting and scheduling) in a contact center environment or equivalent, relevant work experience strongly preferred.
- Broad working knowledge of WFM applications, tools, and processes.
- Experience leading projects
- Certified Workforce Planning Professional (CWPP) certification preferred.
- Strong technical, mathematical, and analytical aptitude.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, including but not limited to working with external data, pivot tables, and understanding and using complex formulas to perform statistical analysis required.
- Working knowledge of MS Access and/or other database applications preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Creative and strategic problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required; able to speak both technical and business languages.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with various levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments and coordinate workflow, producing high quality work in a deadline-driven environment with minimal direction
- Strong talent management background and demonstrated ability to adapt to a dynamic, changing environment and lead change management for diverse groups.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.