Posted On: 4-17-2015
Position Title: Sr. Workforce Analyst (Long-Term Planning)
Job Location: Virtual
Apply Online: www.bcdtravel.com
In a call center, responsible for forecasting the right number to agents at the right times in their seats to answer an accurately forecasted volume of incoming calls at the desired service level.
Essential Job Duties Include:
– Creates long-term forecasts derived from understood business drivers to determine required staffing levels by projecting call volumes, call duration, and required staffing levels using current trends and historical data.
– Defines long-term projections across multiple accounts for multiple contact types based on customer requirements, historical and future trends.
– Forecasting is prepared with both utilization of forecasting/scheduling software and with Excel spreadsheet programs developed and customized by the analyst.
– Runs and analyzes reports with the result of making recommendations for adjusting staffing levels to meet departmental productivity and profitability goals.
– Administers the process of shift bids, shift swaps, and shift changes.
– Coordinates the process of maintaining accurate headcount records by scheduling group and develops hiring plans for long-term planning efforts. Provides reports to the necessary stakeholders.
– Coordinates the process of maintaining detailed records of call/skill set statistics and call arrival patterns to maximize forecasting accuracy capability while ensuring cost effective labor utilization.
– Facilitates long-term forecasting discussion with necessary stakeholders.
– Completes root-cause analysis to determine and quantify reasons for forecast variance and recommends changes to enhance forecast accuracy and effectiveness.
– Provides “what-if” analysis and recommendations to improve staffing levels and efficiency, working with Contact Center Consulting to determine best skilling mix and allocations.
– Studies department work, vacation and absence records (shrinkage) for on-going historical trend analysis and forecasting purposes.
– Ensures that all reports originating from the department are accurate and reliable.
– Helps with the integration and implementation of new call center technologies.
– Prepares and analyzes monthly reports.
– Assists during new account sales process by producing staffing projections, assisting with call center education and tours.
– Work independently in the absence of supervision
– Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
– Advanced knowledge of call center management and all related calculations
– Advanced knowledge of various forecasting / scheduling software
– Strong analysis skills, understanding complex formulas, data transformations and record keys from multiple sources
– Strong organizational skills
– Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks with attention to detail
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Ability to communicate call center data/forecasts to all levels of employees in an understandable fashion
– Effective organizational and time management skills
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
– Capability of problem solving
– Some college desired with mathematical or statistical course work
– Minimum of two (2) years of experience forecasting in a multi-channel call center environment
– Minimum of three (3) years of experience in trend analysis
– Former analysis role within large volume, enterprise level call center preferred
– Spreadsheets with advanced formula application and database software (e.g. Excel and Access) experience required
– Strong knowledge in Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) technology and experience with forecasting / scheduling software
– Experience utilizing a major ACD system
– Enterprise level call center