Posted On: 7-12-2022
Position Title: Sr. Workforce Consultant
Job Location: Hartford, CT, Glens Falls, NY, Knoxville, TN, Richardson, TX, Spokane, WA, or Remote
Apply Online: https://careers.travelers.com/job/15809026/sr-workforce-planning-and-forecasting-consultant-virtual-and-or-in-office-us-nationwide/?codes=S0727
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision provides support and direction to contact center Management Team in the areas of contact center forecasting, scheduling, capacity planning, and/or intraday management to make the best use of time, people and systems to meet the needs of the customers with limited supervision. This position does not lead others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Constructs and/or maintains relevant models, including ensuring adjustments are made for current product expectations, the most recent sales marketing forecasts, as well as any other business impacts.
- Identify and proactively address staffing requirements in a multi-skill and virtual operation.
- Gather data, establish reports, and analyze trends in a timely manner to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the local operation.
- Work closely with the Data Analysts and other Workforce Specialists to effectively coordinate activities of the virtual operation based on volumes and staffing across all sites .
- Recognize relationships and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks and change tasks quickly as demands change in order to respond to new priorities and maintain efficient operations.
- Convey ideas orally and/or in writing with a clear, concise, organized and articulate style using a format that is appropriate for the target audience.
- Address operational issues in a timely manner while keeping appropriate levels of leadership informed of the current situation and progress.
- Assist with educating the staff on Workforce Management.
- Assist with the development of new and/or redesign current processes based on long-term strategies of the department.
- Ensure all appropriate resources and documentation are available to support projects.
- Demonstrate a desire to work in a highly dynamic environment, requiring proficient organization and time management skills.
- Ensure that the identified back-up(s) are trained to appropriately fill-in for this role during absences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position does not lead others.
- Minimum college degree or commensurate 2 years work experience in management information, finance, statistical analysis, Workforce Management, or contact center.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience forecasting, scheduling, and or configuring business rules within a Workforce Management software, and basic knowledge of contact routing software is required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of contact center operations and Property Casualty insurance product and systems knowledge is preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Detail Focus
- Innovative perspective
- Proficient organization and time management skills
- Self-starter, self-motivator, self-disciplined
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access, a plus
- Experience with Aspect, a plus
- Ability to effectively multi-task required
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to promote as well as contribute to a team environment
- Strong customer service focus
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment
- Requires extended periods of computer use
- Requires extended periods of sitting
- Please note this position will be open to remote work from home
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.