Posted On: 02-20-2023
Position Title: Sr. Workforce Management Manager
Job Location: Work from home United States – Headquarters-Troy, MI
Apply Online: https://flagstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/flagstar/details/Sr-Workforce-Management-Manager_12557-1?q=workforce+management
The Sr. Workforce Management Manager will lead efforts to optimize resource allocation for the contact center and is responsible for the strategy and execution of all Workforce Management operations, including contact center forecasting, scheduling, real time coordination oversight, and reporting. The Sr. Workforce Management Manager will focus on achieving and maintaining optimal contact center efficiency, ensuring the contact center is focused on managing and lowering operational costs while delivering a superior customer experience.
The Sr. Workforce Management Manager will lead the organization’s contact center workforce management function in partnership with contact center senior leaders, Finance, business units, and vendor partners. This leader owns the relationship with the WFM software vendor, creating a roadmap to ensure implementation of WFM best practices and software optimization. The Senior Manager is also responsible for creating and maintaining the workforce management model and methodology, ensuring compliance with the bank’s Model Risk Management criteria. The leader is a key contributor to the contact center budget process, recommending staffing levels to match expected demand and educating contact center leaders on financial implications of business decisions to further drive higher levels of efficiency and productivity throughout the contact center.
This position requires the acumen to handle complex situations, balance multiple responsibilities, and collaborate effectively with team members at all levels. Analytical duties include oversight of forecasting, optimization, regression analysis, and end-to-end impact calculations supporting strategic projects, ad hoc requests, what-if analyses, and methodology redesign.
Strategic Leadership of Workforce Management Function
- Execute on budget forecasts and own the development and implementation of staffing models, reporting, and analysis; support contact center financial analysis and education of contact center and business partner leaders.
- Develop policies that impact workforce positively and work with operational leaders to ensure communication of these policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership and direct the day-to-day responsibilities for the WFM staff and ensure proper staffing and training of team to accomplish departmental goals and objectives.
- Identify new methods, strategies and opportunities to improve WFM performance and overall contact center results. Drive cost savings initiatives for operational efficiencies including queue design, occupancy, and scheduling efficiencies; optimize capacity management across multiple sites, BPO providers, and multiple channels: phone, email, chat, and offline work.
- Design executive level reporting related to contact center strategy, initiatives, results, and capacity planning.
WFM Forecasting, Reporting, and System Administration Oversight
- Develop reporting processes, dashboards, and presentations to measure capacity optimization, forecast accuracy, KPI achievement, and educate leaders on WFM best practices and opportunities.
- Design workforce planning processes, procedures, and methodologies used for developing accurate and timely long term and short term forecast and capacity planning; assess and quantify near term risk and opportunities and the impact to business initiatives.
- Design and implement WFM reporting to drive operational efficiency, identify outliers and areas for improvement, increase forecast accuracy, and educate contact center on productivity and financial performance.
- Ensure WFM methodologies are in compliance with bank’s model risk validation process; create responses to internal and external audits and consulting engagements related to the contact center’s forecasting, scheduling, and capacity planning process.
- Use analytical methods, mathematical models, and tools to weigh risk versus benefit and simulate what-if scenarios to balance cost with KPI results.
WFM Scheduling and Real Time Oversight
- Create and implement flexible schedule options to drive lower cost per call and higher utilization of contact center resources. Manage contingency staffing model to react quickly and efficiently to business needs.
- Oversee scheduling process for agents and escalations specialists, including implementation of creative schedules, part time team members, remote agent strategy, etc.
- Provide oversight of the real time coordination process to minimize overstaffing and ensure service level consistency; partner with Operations and provide recommendations to drive more informed business decisions.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis on the key business trends as they relate to trends in contact volumes, service level achievement, staffing levels and resource allocation, while making recommendations on how to optimize service level achievement and minimize the labor impact.
- Escalate contact center interruptions to appropriate senior leader staff in a timely manner; design and execute strategies to improve KPI results.
Vendor Management Leadership
- Participate in vendor selection and implementation process for contact center vendors related to workforce management technology and business process outsourcing.
- Manage workforce planning technology solution, partnering with vendor(s), IT department, and contact center leaders to ensure system is used to maximize productivity and capacity, troubleshoot technology issues, and ensure continuous user education on system to drive system adoption.
- Manage vendor relationship with workforce optimization technology providers and contribute to BPO vendor partnership to ensure achievement of contractual obligations, execution of staffing plans, optimization of capacity plans, and realization of contact center performance standards.
- Assess vendor performance and share results with business leaders; create action plans to improve and/or optimize vendor performance.
- Partner with vendors to develop plans to reduce operational expenses and/or increase productivity.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar’s internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 10+ years of progressive work experience in Contact Center or Business Operations roles is required (10+ years heavy emphasis on workforce management/capacity planning)
- 10+ years of experience creation and distributing business reporting for various audiences, including executive-level reporting, required
- 8+ years of leadership experience in workforce management in a multi-site, multi-channel contact center
- 8+ years of extensive budget creation and management experience, including close interaction with Financial Planning and Analysis groups, required
- 5+ years of experience managing projects required; technology and vendor implementation project experience required
- 5+ years of banking, mortgage lending, and/or mortgage servicing experience preferred.
- Strong expertise in multiple contact center support areas, including Talent Management, Training, Reporting, Workforce Management, Project Management, Compliance, and/or Technology, required
- Demonstrates ability to apply a broad and integrated perspective when planning, problem-solving, and assessing impact across functional areas.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to diversity and inclusion including inviting diverse perspectives, fostering an inclusive work environment and supporting workforce diversity
- Strong analytical/statistical background with ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to analyze spend, identify and implement process improvement/savings opportunities, and measure ongoing performance against plan.
- Ability to demonstrate and articulate understanding of key workforce management concepts as related to demand forecasting, headcount capacity planning, scheduling, real time monitoring, and performance improvement
- Ability to tell the story using data, and simplify complex analytics into recommendations that are easily understood for decision-making
- Demonstrated experience modeling workforce trends and analytics, including the utilization of various forms of data analysis
- Demonstrated analytic and data management capabilities and reporting presentation of complex data
- Passionate for, and holds a proven track record of, mentoring staff, fostering team cohesion, training and employee development.
- Strong familiarity with project management best practices and/or previous project management experience required.
- Exceptional sense of urgency, dedicate to meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers.
- Experience and credibility as a strategic partner with the ability to influence and gain acceptance of ideas/plans with leaders at all levels of an organization, and work across several businesses with differing cultures.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of contact center reporting software and the Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Access, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Mastery of key Workforce Management Software such as Verint360, NICE, and/or Calabrio
- Must be customer-oriented, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and innovative.