Posted On: 10-13-2014
Position Title: Sr. Workforce Specialist – Multiple Locations
Job Location: Multiple Locations
Apply online: https://careers.travelers.com/job/Hartford-Sr_-Workforce-Specialist-Job-CT-06101/222491500/
Travelers is seeking a Sr. Workforce Specialist to be part of a geographically dispersed, virtual Workforce Administration Group (WAG) that supports inbound, outbound, and back office functions. This position is responsible for mid-and short-range schedule adjustments and intraday management including: continually analyzing historical and forecasted volume and staffing to identify trends and patterns, scheduling off-line activities, monitoring phone and back office queues, making appropriate advanced and real-time adjustments to forecasts/schedules, and implementing contingencies.
This role requires an effective communicator who can work in a fast paced virtual environment and influence various individuals across and at all levels of the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and analyze short and long term staffing plans and forecasts, incorporating multiple work types with competing operational goals and effectively distributing resources to meet all goals simultaneously within a multi-skill, virtual environment
- Forecast/review/reforecast short term and intraday workload to properly understand and affect net capacity
- Real-time monitoring of systems, workload, staffing, and service level performance to identify irregularities, determine root causes, and ensure appropriate work reallocation and/or staffing adjustments based upon volume, available staff and other business influences.
- Proactively assist management in dealing with real time adherence, unexpected workload and/or call volume variations.
- Work with business center management and other support departments to assure required non-phone activities are properly prioritized and scheduled within acceptable time frames.
- Collaborate with process leaders to understand and support changing business processes and strategies
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of data by working time-off, schedule changes, and other Workforce Management (WFM) requests.
- Proactively identify and initiate change to address performance and process issues daily, and clearly communicate recommendations and guidance to senior operational leaders.
- Convey ideas orally and/or in writing with a clear, concise, organized and articulate style using a format that is appropriate for the target audience
- Track, report and communicate service performance to management on a daily basis, including post-mortem analysis on significant deviations
- Maintain accuracy, integrity and confidentiality of information
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of department process documentation
- Support set up and usage of the WFM software – Aspect eWFM
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Work Experience
- College degree (preferred) or commensurate work experience in call center operations
- Ability to prioritize and organize data
- Strong knowledge of call center operations (preferred)
- Personal Lines insurance knowledge is a plus
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, workforce management software, and various other software applications (experience with Aspect software is preferred)
- Ability to learn new applications
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Customer Focus
- Leadership traits and the ability to influence results
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Open to learning new approaches and willingness to take direction
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, with frequent interruptions and competing priorities in a fast paced environment