Posted On: 03-16-2019
Position Title: Strategic Workforce Management Director
Job Location: Denver, CO
Apply Online: https://greatwest.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Great_West/job/CO-Greenwood-Village/Strategic-Workforce-Management-Director_R0020745
Lead strategic workforce management, financial planning and reporting for Empower Retirement s Participant Contact Center. This position is responsible to create, support and maintain all staffing planning activities aligned with the corporate strategy, maximizing the use of technology and organizational resources to achieve financial goals, business goals and meet contractual service level agreements
- Provide strategic direction, tactical leadership and day to day responsibilities for the workforce employees and insure proper staffing and training to accomplish departmental goals and objectives.
- Grow and develop workforce team to support, forecast and staff to multiple customer interaction channels and back office activities
- Strategic Workforce Management scope covers an 800 person contact center organization, 5M contacts including phones, emails and chats across domestic sites with specific customer segments in the Financial Services industry.
- Provides budget forecasts and staffing recommendation related to BAU and new business prospects
- Enterprise reporting provides executive and operational reporting, and analytics, for the multiple Empower contact center businesses segments
- Identifies trends and makes recommendations to improve operational effectiveness
- Also accountable for business continuity planning, and supporting and advancing technical systems/ telephony and contact center capabilities
- Drive cost savings initiatives for operational efficiencies including queue design, occupancy, and scheduling efficiencies, along with highly effective management of agent FTE through capacity management across multiple sites and outsourced providers and multiple customer interaction channels: phone, email, fax, chat and back-office functions.
- Design workforce processes, procedures and methodologies used for developing accurate and timely forecasts for staff and capacity planning.
- Assess and quantify near term risk and opportunities and the impact to business initiatives.
- Collaborate with Business Partners in the preparation of the forecasting process to ensure business needs are met and translate those needs as appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate reporting of systems and procedures for hiring, turnover, and tenure to identify trends which impact staffing, recruiting ability, and staff productivity.
- Partner with stakeholders to coordinate hiring plans as needed.
- Support and maintain workforce tools and systems used for contact center routing, staffing, forecasting and reporting.
- Undergraduate BA/BS degree
- Minimum 10 years of contact center workforce management experience.
- Significant experience leading Workforce Management in a large scale, multi-site, service business
- Deep subject matter knowledge and hands on experience with workforce planning, scheduling/forecasting, real time adherence, reporting, and related Workforce Management tools and telephony
- Has successfully led Contact center operations in a multi skilled environment
- Strongly preferred experience in a Financial Services call center business
- Proven ability to work cross-organizationally at senior levels to champion/drive change and solutions
- High sense of urgency and results orientation, metrics driven
- Ability to think strategically, solution end-to-end, create value-add solutions, addressing business needs and opportunities
- Strong execution track record, including proven ability to overcome barriers and integrate/manage across units/functions
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships within and outside the organization to drive results, develop ideas, and obtain support
- Experience successfully building high performing teams, developing talent, and driving high employee engagement
- Proven ability to champion change and innovation, drive business transformation and operational change
- Strong executive presence and communication skills required
- Demonstrated leadership skills with emphasis on consensus building, diplomacy, cooperative negotiation and persuasion required to build cross functional commitment to deliver intended results.
- Excellent organization, planning, project management and analytical skills