Posted On: 3-28-2021
Position Title: Affiliate Support Center, Support Specialist
Job Location: Americus, GA
Apply Online: https://www.habitat.org/about/careers/affiliate-support-center-support-specialist-6087br
Affiliate Support Center, Support Specialist
Habitat for Humanity International is in search of a self-motivated and self-driven Affiliate Support Center, Support Specialist, who can provide high level customer service in an efficient and accurate manner.
The Affiliate Support Center Specialist team acts as a key resource, providing extended knowledge, interpretation, guidance and application of organizational policies and best practices for Habitat for Humanity affiliates in the US and Canada, State Support Organizations, Campus Chapters, and ReStores. The team also engages affiliates related to existing and new programs/grants, and assist struggling affiliates through long term, in-depth communication and guidance.
This position will be based at our Operational Headquarters located in Americus, Georgia and requires less than 5% travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to incoming calls, emails and referrals regarding interpretation, implementation and use of HFHI policy, protocol and programs.
- Provide medium to long-term engagement coaching for affiliates in application of best practices for specific areas of infrastructure such as family services, board training or volunteer coordination.
- Provide a channel for complaints from or about Habitat entities or internal departments.
- Provide guidance to affiliates in complaint resolution.
- Represent the Affiliate Support Center at conferences, summits and learning events.
- Provide “voice of the affiliate” as needed internally using support experiences.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years related experience.
- Proven critical thinking skills in finding solutions given comparable situations and information.
- Proven customer service skills in providing support to a variety of organizational sizes and knowledge levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills using a variety of mediums (online, via phone, etc.).
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships with a variety of demographics.
- Proven professional conflict resolution skills.
- Results-driven individual who can multitask and effectively work both independently and as a team player.
- Problem solver with a propensity for seeking solutions while employing strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word) and use of CRM systems (Salesforce, Blackbaud, etc.).
- Ability to work a 10am – 7pm shift.
- Active support of HFHI Values:
- Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves
- Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
- Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
- Safeguarding: HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in internal and/or external business consulting.
- Knowledge of affiliate operations and how they relate to Habitat for Humanity International.
- Knowledge of Habitat for Humanity International affiliate support systems, offerings and practices preferred.
Full-time – Hourly