Posted On: 1-24-2016
Position Title: Team Leader II- Workforce Management
Job Location: Michigan with openings available in Detroit, Grand Rapids and Lansing
Apply Online: https://bcbsm.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=OPE000JC
Responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising assigned departments(s)/area(s) to ensure an efficient and cost effective area of responsibility in accordance with established corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
The Workforce Management Team Leader II plays a critical role in our organization’s Servicing Strategy. This leadership position oversees a team of highly skilled Workforce Management analysts responsible for creating strategic plans, forecasting and scheduling workload for the customer service areas.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, energetic environment and leverage their passion and demonstrated experience in the areas of analytics, problem-solving, leadership and customer service to establish long-term and short-term plans to achieve performance objectives and positively impact the customer experience. A key responsibility of this role is to interface with front-line management and senior leadership to translate business priorities into actionable plans.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to all Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network business segments, work with cutting-edge contact center technology, and lead critical service improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- A minimum of 90 college credits is required
- Five (5) or more years experience in related field
- Leadership and/or analytical experience with data, systems, and operations
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Significant creativity is required
- Ability to work independently, within a team environment and with multiple priorities
- Proven ability to successfully drive forward complex projects with many working pieces
- Proficient in current industry standard PC applications and systems (e.g., Access, Excel and Word)
- Ability to work closely with the technical support team in understanding and resolving systems issues
- Ability to develop, implement, and monitor policies and procedures
- Travel to business locations may be required.
- Selected candidate will be required to provide their own transportation
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role with high analytical and critical thinking responsibilities
- Proficient in current industry standard PC applications and systems (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, including the ability to persuasively present complex ideas/plans to all levels of leadership
- Good interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build key relationships across different areas
- Must pass Team Leader assessment
- Working knowledge of Workforce Management principals, including workload planning, forecasting, vendor integration, shift bids, vacation bids, scheduling efficiency, and agent efficiency
- Experience supporting budget and/or other financial projects and initiatives
- Working knowledge of Cisco, Verint, or other related WFM software and procedures
- 2-3 years of experience in Workforce Management, including scheduling and forecasting experience with a software package such as Verint or IEX Totalview, Aspect eWFM
- Experience in a large (500 agents minimum), multi-site call center operation with outsourced sites, and multiple lines-of-business
- Experience with skills-based routing preferred
- Experience with a call center operation using multiple outsourced business partners preferred
Supervise and promote the professional development of assigned staff through selection, development, and exploration of more effective methods of managing projects and time. Research, (internally and externally), initiate, and plan strategic changes in assigned department(s)/area(s) to optimize technologies and personnel. Recommend and assist in acquisition of technology and other tools or equipment and resources to optimize departmental performance and output. Prioritize and assign work to employees and initiate corrective measures to resolve problems, including scheduling or adjusting overtime requirements as necessary. Interface with diverse levels of internal and external personnel to develop and maintain effective rapport and to resolve issues and inquiries. Administer and adhere to Corporate and departmental policies, practices and procedures. Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- A minimum of 90 college credits is required.
- Five (5) years of BCBSM and/or related field experience including at least two (2) years of experience in a leadership role.
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Working knowledge of PC application and/or mainframe systems preferred.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.