Posted On: 9-8-2021
Position Title: Training Specialist
Contact: Ejones@aaalife.com or 402-609-8794
Company: AAA Life Insurance Company
AAA Life is looking for highly motivated Training Specialist to assess and create on-going training and development of our dynamic service teams. Based in our Omaha office, this role provides an opportunity to directly impact our success through the development and delivery of robust training programs that address multiple modules such as customer service, time management and system training to improving sales skills. The ideal candidate will have experience identifying and analyzing training needs and create effective curriculum for both classroom and virtual environments.
Design and Development
- Assesses designs and creates training modules using a variety of media or instructional delivery methodologies.
- Prepares goals, objectives and learning outcomes.
- Develops performance support tools (instructional aids and self-instructional materials).
- Researches, designs or revises instructional methods or materials as needed (e.g. insurance industry, contact center, systems, etc.).
- Designs and applies assessment tools to measure training effectiveness.
- Consults with other business units in developing and/or recommending strategies to increase associate performance.
- Participates in the review of existing programs and processes to ensure appropriateness and effectiveness. Recommends modifications and makes revisions.
- Delivers courses for employees with special emphasis on customer service skills, sales, product knowledge, system navigation and usage
- Conducts Orientation sessions for new associates.
- Conducts New Hire training classes in a comprehensive manner to ensure associates can contribute immediately upon going to production.
- Advises management as to the progress associates are making with regard to training and orientation initiatives and makes recommendations for enhanced or additional training.
- Cross-trains existing associates to expand their knowledge of other products/procedures/ systems in order to promote first call resolution and overall customer satisfaction.
- Conducts refresher/enhancement training to further develop existing knowledge and skills in order to ensure accuracy in communication and processing.
- Performs routine maintenance and administration of computer-based training programs and resources.
- Updates and distributes departmental procedures within 48 hours of change to ensure compliance and conformity of changes.
- Evaluates and provides feedback on programs or systems being considered for purchase or lease
Achieves Results/Has Bias for Action – Achieves stretch results. Strong bias for action with sense of urgency and high energy. Practices collaborative working environment to achieve more.
Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Initiative – Takes initiative to learn new things, try new processes and is open to exploration; is motivated to continuously improve; demonstrates a sense of urgency.
Personal Responsibility – Holds self-responsible for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results; accepts responsibility for mistakes; complies with established control systems and rules.
Customer Focus – Has ability to look from customer’s view. Viewed as business partner by external and internal customers. Anticipates customer needs to ensure no barriers to doing business.
Uses Effective Communication Skills – Candid, clear and concise in communication. Effectively matches style, tone and method to audience. Connects with intended audience. Manages communication and feedback within the organization.
Process Management- Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
Presentation Skills- Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
Technical/Professional Skills – Strives to stay ahead of technical/professional expertise, is proactive and inspires others to stay current in areas of technical expertise.
Strategic Alignment – Able to keep team focused on key objectives that drive Company performance and competitive advantage; clarify vision, mission, values, and long-term goals for others; think beyond the “day to day” to take a longer term view of the business; coordinate cross-functional activities to assure strategic alignment with organizational objectives; anticipate and plan for future business developments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Systems Design (ISD), Insurance, Business, Education or related field preferred
- LUTCF, CLU, CFP, ALMI Designations preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a training and process development role.
- Life Insurance sales and strategies experience; Life Insurance Agent recruiting experience a plus.
- Knowledge of life insurance products and insurance industry operations preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office software such as Excel, PowerPoint, and MS-Project, or an equivalent project tracking tool
- Knowledge of virtual platforms for training methods