Training Specialist – Valencia, CA
Posted on 03-30-12
Company: Shield Healthcare
Location: Valencia, CA
|Shield Healthcare is a leading supplier of medical products and services for the care of patients in the home. As a company with over $100m in annual sales, we pride ourselves on our commitment to provide quality healthcare services to the communities we serve and for being one of the largest employers in the Santa Clarita Valley.
We have an immediate opening in our Valencia, CA corporate office for a Training Specialist. The primary function of this position is to manage all aspects of training and development for contact center staff, with the focus on the knowledge and skills needs of front-line employees. The successful candidate will have the responsibility for establishing a contact center training and development strategic plan, which supports the department’s strategic plan and the Company’s mission and priorities.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders and analyzes contact center results to identify critical employee skill/knowledge gaps and forecast upcoming training needs
- Recommends and implements the most effective and efficient learning interventions to drive high performance
- Participates in establishment of performance standards to evaluate new hires and aid in the transition from new hire training to on-the-job training performance
- Creates tools and mechanisms for measuring learning outcomes and demonstrating the business impact of learning programs
- 3 or more years developing and delivering training content with experience in contact center strongly preferred
- Understanding of instructional design and adult education and training concepts in all aspects of training strategy, design, development, delivery and evaluation
- Experience selecting and employing a range of instructional methods and delivery options, measuring training results and outcomes
- Exceptional instructional design and material production skills, including attention to detail, ability to organize content, grammar and proofreading skills, and an engaging writing style
- Proficiency using Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word and experience developing e-learning content using a rapid e-learn development tool such as Articulate or Captivate
Career-minded individuals will find our business challenging and our reputation for excellence just one of the rewards we have to offer. To further enhance this tradition of excellence, our employees participate in continuous training and development programs in a variety of disciplines.
At Shield Healthcare, our business is growing because of dynamic management, strong customer focus, key acquisitions, and IT based systems. In addition to a dynamic environment, we are proud to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please submit your resume with cover letter and salary history to email@example.com. You can visit our website for other career opportunities at www.shieldhealthcare.com.