Posted On: 12-15-2021
Position Title: WFM Command Center Manager, Diabetes Support
Job Location: Virtual or San Antonio, TX
Apply Online: http://m.rfer.us/MEDBE.1iLP
The Medtronic Diabetes Business is one of the most exciting, dynamic and challenging spaces in the medical device industry. More than 463 million patients worldwide suffer from diabetes and this is expected to reach close to 600 million in 10 years. The diabetes device industry is unique in that technologies available to monitor and manage diabetes are starting to converge with consumer electronics technology. As such, the decision dynamics are evolving: patients have a stronger voice in therapy choice, care is transitioning away from specialists, and the role of artificial intelligence is elevating care. Medtronic Diabetes is transforming its business to adapt to this change and create meaningful differentiation to drive customer preference and revenue growth.
Under the direction of the Director of Workforce Management, Commercial Quality and Service Analytics, the Workforce Manager, Command Center will play a key role in the Diabetes Americas region, in improving the delivery of customer service by providing workforce optimization guidance. The leader will have accountability for the Medtronic Diabetes America’s US and Manila, Philippines based command center 24×7 operation. In this role, you will be responsible for meeting service objectives, and initiating proactive and appropriate action around opportunities in staffing, planning, and command functions from a real-time perspective. The role will manage a team of 9 people and will work cross functionally with business leaders in the Americas organization as well operating teams in the customer care, patients’ financial services and installed base organization.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Provide 24x7x365 real time global command center oversight
- Monitor BPO and international managed operations
- Responsible for meeting business service level metrics and optimizing agent resources to meet the call arrival patterns for each scheduled interval.
- Responsible for communication of intraday performance trends, barriers and risks impacting the call center’s ability to meet the service level goals.
- Responsible for reallocation of agent resources based on current intraday interval performance spikes and dips, caused by planned or unplanned events and technology outages.
- Intraday management of requests for scheduled activities (Meetings, Trainings, Coaching, etc.).
- Monitor adherence activities to provide call center management with data to support coaching when needed and ensure adjustments are made when applicable to protect the integrity of Adherence data reporting and agent occupancy.
- Monitor queue activity and agent state durations to optimize agent resources, and proactively communicate to call center management when areas of opportunity are identified.
- Monitor system/network accessibility and availability (IVR, agent desktop, applications), develop business continuity plans, communicate risk and action/mitigation plan
- Identify and communicate solutions for trends/barriers
- Responsible for creation of playbooks
- Provide support to other Workforce Management team members when business conditions require or as directed by Manager.
- Responsible for learning related company technology used in contact center, at level required of position, including Telephone/ACD system, IVR, and other operating systems.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Nice to Have
- Experience leading global teams
- Experience in a high-volume, fast-paced contact center environment.
- Able to demonstrate and apply a thorough knowledge of WFM and contact center operations
- Strong analytical skills in call volume, employee workloads, and staffing optimization.
- Able to demonstrate and apply a thorough knowledge of call center workforce management and network routing technologies (i.e. ACDs: Five9, Cisco, Avaya CMS, WFM: Verint, NICE IEX, eWFM Aspect, Calabrio etc.).
- Knowledge of contact center staffing models.
- Experience with BPOs
- Experience using analytical and management reporting tools.
- Able to analyze performance trends and operational metrics in an effort to identify and articulate performance issues and improvement opportunities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work with and communicate workforce management strategies with operational leadership in an effort to drive performance towards common goals and objectives.
- Able to solve problems guided only by general organization objectives, policies, and goals.
- Able to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills and consensus building.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a highly matrixed environment.
- Able to manage a diverse range of projects and demands simultaneously in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to develop people and drive performance.
- Advanced results orientation and execution skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and use business and financial measures
- Demonstrated ability to develop opportunity assessments
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
- Posting Date: Nov 29, 2021