Posted On: 1-31-2022
Position Title: WFM Strategic Scheduling Analyst
Job Location: Houston, TX
Apply Online: https://www.centerpointenergy.com/en-us/corporate/careers
CenterPoint Energy, Inc. operates as a public utility holding company in the United States. The company operates through Electric, Natural Gas, and Midstream Investments segments.
The Strategic Scheduling Analyst will utilize Workforce Management (WFM) expertise in monitoring, evaluating, updating, & making recommendations for improving the WFM processes, utilizing & maintaining WFM tools, and providing oversight and guidance relative to analytical processes and the WFM team.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating and developing various scenarios based on possible conditions/outcomes and for keeping management informed and prepared with regards to projecting future scheduling needs and optimization.
- Responsible for implementing any approved changes or courses of action with Workforce Management Software & Tools and coordinating with the vendor(s), CNP IT, and CNP Telecom.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating forecasts & staffing requirements and creating optimal schedules for his/her assigned Skills/LOB’s to best optimize the call center’s resources and reach optimal service levels mandated by the Management Team.
- Intra-day contact distribution arrival patterns & accurate daily & internal IDP’s.
- Based on the workload forecasts, determining ½ hour staffing requirements for all call centers (both internal and outsourced) resources utilizing the WFM planning tool/application and associated processes in an effort to optimize service level and productivity.
- Assist in the maintenance of an integrated mid- to long-term resource plan to ensure proactive planning and optimal utilization of resources including call center agents and support personnel, premise based technologies (e.g., workstations), voice and data networks, and other facility related needs (e.g., training infrastructure) based on forecasted workload, and service level and financial/utilization objectives.
- Work closely with the Real-Time service level team in achieving customer service level goals and department efficiency – to include historical performance review and process improvement.
- Ensure optimal schedule alignment with Resource Requirements.
- Provide daily and interval net staffing requirements to outsourcers.
- Provide analysis on how well resource alignment (schedules) will be, has been, and currently is.
- Provide analytical support and expertise for call center processes. Improve efficiency related to the execution of scheduling processes and the completion of issues.
- Monitor, evaluate, and update WFM processes. Re-engineer where needed.
- Mentor other WFM Analysts – Real Time & Tactical Scheduling Analysts
- Prepare spreadsheets and graphics as required for reporting, analysis and documentation.
- Identify potential issues offering opportunity for enhanced efficiency.
- Read and understand long term and short term forecasts and develop and optimize a strategy for the call center staffing & scheduling.
- Create and analyze different types of staffing scenarios to determine the best optimization of call center staffing.
- Analyze intra-day call patterns and intra-week call patterns to better determine where the call center staffing is most effectively mobilized.
- Assist with and act as back-up for tactical scheduling and forecasting. This includes being able to analyze, design, and implement daily schedules and assist in scheduling/approving/denying off phone activities so as to maximize Service Level to Customers.
- Create & optimize annual and monthly vacation slots for each business unit or staffing group.
- Provide Monthly DEFCON Status based on pre-planned events. Optimize and change status as needed.
Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
In lieu of a degree, will consider a combination of education and related Workforce Management experience totaling four (4) years, where each year of applicable college = 1 year and each year of applicable work experience = 0.5 year. Experience in lieu of education is in addition to the Experience requirements.
Requires a minimum three (3) years of successful Workforce Management experience in a large multi-site call center environment. Experience in administration and maintenance of data & configuration in WFM Tools & Processes is also required.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Licenses/Certifications, Abilities & Personal Characteristics (KSLAPs):
- Able to demonstrate and apply a deep understanding of call center operations, WFM Methodology, and Scheduling principles.
- Able to demonstrate and apply excellent Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Able to analyze performance trends and operational metrics in an effort to identify and articulate performance issues and improvement opportunities.
- Able to work with and communicate workforce management strategies with Customer Service operational leadership in an effort to drive performance towards common goals and objectives.
- Able to demonstrate and apply excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Able to achieve quality work under deadline pressure.
- Able to learn and apply new knowledge and skills quickly.
- Able to demonstrate and apply excellent negotiating and consensus building skills.
- Must be detailed-oriented and possess the ability to follow through on assignments.
- Able to manage a diverse range of projects simultaneously in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to solve problems guided only by general organization objectives, policies, and goals.
- Able to work comfortably and communicate with all levels of management and leadership.
- Able to spot trends in historical data sets.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing demands and to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to communicate orally in a clear manner.
- Able to operate a personal computer, either desktop or laptop and to operate office equipment, including telephone, photocopier, fax machine, scanner, etc.
- Able to view a personal computer monitor or laptop screen for extended periods of time.
- Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a minimal amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move.
- Able to work indoors, in an office environment, regardless of whether cubicle, open office or private office.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with high daily pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to work a varied schedule, including occasional overtime to complete projects and meet deadlines in response to changing demands.
- Able to travel occasionally and stay overnight as required.