Posted On: 10-16-2015
Position Title: Workforce Analyst
Job Location: Orlando, FL; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC or Irving, TX
Company Name: Optum
Contact Information: Denise Kapalko @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 17 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
The Traffic Workforce Analyst is responsible for all scheduling, call volume monitoring and adjusting. Responsible for determining and communicating work schedules, resources for various call queues. The Workforce Representative works with site leaders to ensure adequate staff, contingency plans and workflow monitoring.
- Use workforce management software and call volume history to help manage intra-day staffing levels and to determine the most effective methods for staffing adjustments
- Utilize call center tools to observe agents actual state compared to agents scheduled state
- Manage real-time inbound call traffic to help ensure that service levels are met
- Gain an understanding of the technical and business solutions: optimized schedules, forecasts and other tools and present them to management
- Prepare and maintain reports, dashboards and monthly packages
- Gain familiarity with analysis and ensure consistent methodologies are followed to maintain quality
- Support the preparation of ad hoc analysis that enables strong understanding of the business
- Provide training on report, dashboard and package development to team members and management as needed
- Looking for individuals with change management experience, process creation and a heavy emphasis on standardization and reducing variation
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May coordinate others activities
Locations: South Orlando, FL; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC and Irving, TX
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience with workforce systems such as Avaya, CMS, IEX, eWFM, Genesis, and/or Blue Pumpkin
- 2+ years of experience working in a call/contact center
- 2+ years of intermediate level of experience with MS Excel (i.e. creating spreadsheets, v-lookups, pivot tables, formulas, etc.)
- 2+ years of intermediate level of experience with MS Word
- 1+ years of Workforce Management experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree
- IEX experience or experience maintaining an IEX environment
- Experience with change management
At Optum, you will perform within an innovative culture that’s focused on transformational change in the Healthcare system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multifaceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that’s greater than you’ve ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.