Posted On: 8-8-2016
Position Title: Workforce Management Analyst
Job Location: Redwood City, CA
Contact: Maria Segrove, email@example.com
Genentech, Inc. – Job Description
Department: Business Services, North America Pharma User Services (NAPUS)
Position: Senior Workforce Management Analyst, IT
Location: Redwood City, California
Position Type: Contractor
Duration: 12-18 months
Work at Home: Available
Flexible Schedule: Yes
Contact Info: Maria Segrove, firstname.lastname@example.org
Since founding the biotechnology industry more than 40 years ago, Genentech has shaped the industry and set the standard for quality. We strive to be the leader in biotechnology by maintaining the highest standards and revolutionizing the treatment of life-threatening diseases. Across the global organization, we have a shared set of values — Integrity, Courage and Passion.
The Workforce Management Analyst is responsible for planning, managing, reporting, and analyzing service desk workload for the North America Pharma User Services (NAPUS) service desk team. Accountable for accurate resource forecasts for various work types, including calls, web requests, offline contacts, project schedules, etc. The candidate for this position should have practical call center experience including experience in workforce management and utilizing workforce management tools. The actions and deliverables of this position directly influence the service level performance of the service desk and ultimately end user satisfaction surveys (EUSS).
- Create short-term and intermediate-term workload forecast and schedule for service desk resources.
- Monitor and adjust resource work schedules to ensure adequate resource coverage to achieve service level targets.
- Manage the schedule bidding process.
- Generate and automate daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly workforce productivity and adherence reports using workforce management and contact center tools.
- Communicate effectively to managers and employees as required to manage work schedules and schedule bidding process.
- Build, implement, and manage workforce contingency plans.
- Analyze historical workforce key metrics, activities, performance, contact volumes and patterns to accurately project contact volumes and create schedules and forecast plans.
- Collaborate with service desk management team and operational excellence analysts to build and refine event-based forecast models based on business drivers (contact volumes, business events, etc.).
- Work with service desk management team to increase employee productivity by monitoring real time adherence and metrics (schedules, call times and break times); adjust workforce schedule as required to manage to SL targets.
- Generate staffing schedules that optimize a wide range of factors, including agent availability, work rules, breaks, and service levels.
- Collaborate with operational excellence analyst to identify opportunities to improve overall accuracy and productivity through automation and process improvement.
- Regularly review forecast results, analysis, and recommendations on staffing strategies with service desk management team.
- 8 years of workforce management experience including forecasting and planning.
- Practical, hands-on experience with NICE workforce management or similar mainstream workforce management tools.
- At least 4 years of contact center analytics and practical experience with queue monitoring software (Avaya Symposium, Cisco Finesse).
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel required.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with others, including the presentation of reports and recommendations to management team.
- Strong commitment to providing an exceptional customer experience, with a high level of dedication, enthusiasm, accountability, and self-motivation.
- Must be able to work independently as well as thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
- Strong desire to build best practices in the team to help enable your team members’ mutual success as the organization continues to grow.
- Process minded; continually focused on ways to improve workforce management processes and effectiveness.
- BA or BS preferred.