Posted On: 1-22-2014
Position Title: Workforce Management Director
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV
- Select a Brand
- MGM Resorts International Operations
- Job Search
- Keyword(s) Search
- Workforce Management Director
SECTION 1: GENERAL INFORMATION
PROPERTY: MGM Resorts International Operations
Job Title: Workforce Management Director
Department: Contact Center Operations
Reports To: Contact Center Vice President
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
UNIFORM REQUIREMENT (YES/NO): No
MINIMUM LEGAL AGE REQUIREMENT: 21
SECTION 2: POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The Performance Management Director collaborates with the Vice President (VP) of Contact Center Operations in strategic planning and execution of MGM Resorts Contact Center operations. This role includes oversight and direction of Contact Center support services including administration and maintenance of contact center technologies, reporting and data analysis, workforce management and planning, quality review, contact recording, training and support of escalated contacts. All efforts are relative to development and support of performance expectations, which drive customer satisfaction and revenue generation for MGM Resorts.
Critically essential to this position is the ability to establish, recruit and develop a team of professionals skilled at assessing and addressing operational necessities within on a near and long-term basis. Central to this team is the ability to recognize and address emergent issues within the inbound contact traffic while concurrently assessing resources needs and fiscal responsibility. Support may extend to all contact centers within the corporation as well as other departments that may benefit from access to data and subject matter expertise in analysis.
In addition to those duties cited herein, the Director will be responsible for the development of constructing an MIS reporting methodology conducive to the succinct and meaningful conveyance of all aspects of departmental performance.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resort policies, practices and procedures.
- Collaborate with leaders of various levels, under the strategic direction of the VP of the Contact Center, to develop comprehensive and functional strategic plans aimed at attaining optimum performance statistics while maintaining an aggressive approach to cost maintenance/reduction.
- Assist in the development of both short and long- term staffing and scheduling strategies for optimum Contact Center performance.
- Provide insight and feedback with regard to financial oversight, i.e., unit cost, roll rate, staffing and overall budgetary impact(s).
- Utilize analysis opportunities based on all available data to support the development of opportunities for process, performance and efficiency improvements.
- Establish Command Center Specialist and Analyst staff designed to manage Contact Center performance as well as the compilation and distribution of departmental MIS.
- Provide guidance and expertise in the development, revision and distribution of functional reporting mechanisms for all performance aspects of the Contact Center.
- Develop and maintain report formatting and data presentation to conform to corporate reporting standards at all levels.
- Develop qualitative statistical analysis of available data to promote performance improvement in support of expectations and strategy.
- Partner with business requirements analyst to identify and understand source data systems.
- Work with department training staff to schedule, facilitate, and verify application training for specific user groups.
- Create project plans and manage the implementation of select departmental initiatives and technology projects.
- Coordinate information technology resources with property requirements.
- Develop and maintain a strong and productive relationship with corporate, property, information technology, and vendor contacts.
- Support the Contact Center team members in all aspects of day-to-day operations.
- Consistent communication with team members and leadership in order to establish and reinforce staffing plans.
- Collaborate with other Performance Management and Operations leaders to maximize opportunities for employee training, special projects, and use of personal and voluntary time off.
- Promote a positive and energetic image with regard to the changing business practices related to the Contact Center.
- Ensure department business is carried out in an efficient and professional manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of department affairs.
- Other job related duties as requested.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
Direct supervision of Analytics and Training and Quality Assurance management and their related teams
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: Measurable requirements will be used as pre-screening questions
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Extensive workforce and performance management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Visio, is required.
- Strong understanding of database management and marketing systems
- Knowledge of relational databases, database theory, and querying tools
- Knowledge of contact center telephony and similar technologies including, but not limited to, recording, quality review, e-learning, speech and text analytics, multi-channel contact routing platforms.
- Must be technically literate with some programming knowledge
- Must possess proficiency with regard to budgeting overview and the relationship between workforce management and cost impact analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Previous experience in large multi-channel contact center operation
- Previous experience in hospitality or similar sales environment
- Proficient use of SQL tools and COGNOS
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SECTION 3: COMPETENCIES & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Candidate must be extremely detail oriented.
- Must have ability to plan, organize, and execute multiple projects with timeliness and accuracy.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues in a highly technical environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance, adhering to MGM MIRAGE standards.
- Must possess strong operational and analytical skills
- Able to interact with persons at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under the time constraints on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must be self-motivated; ability to start and finish projects with limited supervision.
- Aptitude to learn multiple operating systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Contact Center Hours 6 AM – 11 PM, subject to change
- Other – Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
MGM Resorts International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, MGM Resorts International will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.