Workforce Management Forecasting and Planning Leader – EMEA – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Uber
Posted On: 06-22-2018
Position Title: Workforce Management Forecasting and Planning Leader – EMEA
Job Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Apply Online: https://www.uber.com/careers/list/39764/
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Provide exceptional leadership, clear direction, and continuous guidance to the WFM analysts responsible for forecasting and capacity planning for the EMEA region including both inhouse and outsourced business. Consistently and proactively partner with business leaders to communicate staffing requirements and hiring recommendations, schedule optimization opportunities and intraday labor management and routing issues. Work in conjunction with WFM Leadership Team to establish best Practices and refine processes within WFM that support EMEA Service Objectives and overall business strategy. Work closely with business partners to provide support in meeting objectives and achieving performance goals.
As the Regional Workforce Management Leader, you will be a critical resource to your stakeholders in driving end to end workforce process for multiple lines of business and contact types. The Regional Workforce Management Leader is focused on turning data into value-driving business insights that will facilitate our ability to scale and optimize our global support network. This is an opportunity to build WFM process from the ground up.
What You’ll Do
- Drive analysis on global projects and important strategic decisions to raise the bar on the support experience for our riders and partner drivers
- Ensure clear goals, objectives, expectations and performance standards are established and are in line with the overall objectives of the greater organization
- Prepare and present executive presentations to EMEA leadership using data and analytics to tell a compelling story
- Communicate all WFM team initiatives to necessary business leaders / partners to attain support and align initiatives with overall objectives
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly forecasts and staffing requirements needed to meet service level targets within budget
- Coordinate with other members of the Community Operations team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep teams as efficient as possible
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist global and regional operations managers
- Lead a team of workforce management analysts
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus
- 4+ years of Workforce Management, Forecasting, Statistical Analysis or related experience
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- Advanced leadership, presentation, interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at leading meetings and facilitating information exchange with internal and external business partners
- Sound decision making skills that demonstrate originality, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Ability to develop strong working alliances at all levels within the organization
- Effective at collaboration and leveraging resources
- Strong customer-centric focus with demonstrated success in problem solving, teamwork, adaptability, planning, decision making, and data analysis
- Self-starter attitude is a must
- Up to 25% travel
Bonus Points If
- MBA or graduate degree
- SQL experience
- Prior experience with Workforce Management software (e.g., Verint, NICE, IEX, Aspect, etc.) a strong plus
About the Team
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. The Workforce Management team is committed to building a global network that provides our community with a seamless, prompt, and complete resolution to their concerns – every time.