Posted On: 10-13-2021
Positon Title: Workforce Manager
Job Location: Sacramento, CA
The Workforce Manager is responsible for the development of the workforce specialists to ensure that call center objectives such as service level and shrinkage goals are met. The Workforce Manager would be tasked with managing the day to day activities of the team, will also develop tactics based on the manager’s and company’s strategies for success while maintaining a favorable work environment. The development of relationships between Workforce and Operations is a critical component to the department’s success. This role will report to the Director of Workforce Management.
- Be an expert in the support of client(s) as assigned and the processes that govern them.
- Oversee and ensure usage and maintenance of call models for assigned environments and deliver the highest level of call forecast accuracy.
- Create and maintain long and short-term forecast and staffing models for front and back office operations
- Oversee and ensure usage and maintenance of FTE capacity models for assigned environment which deliver the highest level of service level, line adherence and occupancy.
- Oversee and understanding of Faneuil and Client processes and procedures.
- The ability to apply superior judgement, strategic and innovative thinking in decision making.
- Work closely with RTA & Intraday teams to generate schedules to achieve goals and maximize billable hours.
- Lead the workforce planning process for assigned clients and coordinate with stakeholders (Finance, Operations, Training, HR, & Recruiting, etc.) to develop and delivering the best customer experience and highest employee satisfaction at the best cost.
- Conduct analysis of assigned clients to identify opportunities to improve service level, cost, and employee satisfaction. Develop recommendations and articulate strategies and anticipated effectively to stakeholders.
- Proactively identify hurdles to achieve goals. Develop action plans to mitigate impact and escalates as needed.
- Manage staff in the various workforce management activities of forecasting, scheduling, and real-time.
- The ability to provide leadership and motivate team members.
- Exercise consistent independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Exhibit regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to clearly communicate and articulate with both internal and external clients.
- Responsible for managing the operational and client relationships for effective and efficient planning sessions.
- Interfaces and coordinates with various internal business and operational functions (i.e. Operations, Finance, HR, etc.) for the purpose of incorporating external factors into the strategic planning.
- Responsible for managing the interval staffing requirements for all call center resources utilizing a combination of forecasting models and NICE WFM (IEX)/Aspect workforce planning tools/application in an effort to optimize service level and productivity.
- Responsible for creating long, mid and short-term forecast and resource plans.
- Responsible for managing the forecasting and planning process in compliance with client contracts and internal processes.
- Responsible for developing and managing an integrated mid- to long-term resource plan to ensure proactive planning and optimal utilization of resources including call center agents and support personnel, premise based technologies (e.g., workstations), voice and data networks, and other facility related needs (e.g., training infrastructure) based on forecasted workload, and service level and financial/utilization objectives.
- Responsible for the management of people, processes as it relates to workforce management.
- Responsible for managing the, forecasting, scheduling and real-time processes and deliverables as aligned for corporate workforce management practices.
- Participation in Customer Service projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of succession and knowledge transition plans for team.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Licenses/Certifications, Abilities & Personal Characteristics (KSLAPs):
- Able to demonstrate and apply a thorough knowledge of WFM and Call Center operations
- Able to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills and consensus building.
- Able to work comfortably and communicate with all level of management and leadership.
- Able to manage a diverse range of projects simultaneously in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to demonstrate and apply a thorough knowledge of call center workforce management and network routing technologies (i.e. ACDs, Cisco, NICE WFM (IEX), Avaya CMS, eWFM Aspect, Verint, Calabrio etc.).
- Able to develop and/or utilize transaction-based and productive hour econometric forecast models.
- Able to analyze performance trends and operational metrics in an effort to identify and articulate performance issues and improvement opportunities.
- Able to work with and communicate workforce management strategies with Customer Service operational leadership in an effort to drive performance towards common goals and objectives.
- Able to demonstrate and apply superior analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Able to achieve quality work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge and skills quickly.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing demands and to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to solve problems guided only by general organization objectives, policies, and goals.
- Able to develop people and drive performance.
- Able to demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company’s Ethics and Compliance Code of Conduct, and other Company policies and procedures and do so consistently, take all required training courses and do so timely.
- Able to demonstrate respect for all individuals, adhere to the Company’s values and business practices and do both consistently.
- Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Able to communicate orally in a clear manner.
- Able to operate a personal computer, either desktop or laptop and to operate office equipment, including telephone, photocopier, fax machine, scanner, etc.
- Able to view a personal computer monitor or laptop screen for extended periods of time.
- Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a minimal amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move.
- Able to work indoors, in an office environment, regardless of whether cubicle, open office or private office.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with high daily pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to work a varied schedule, including occasional overtime to complete projects and meet deadlines in response to changing demands.
- Able to travel occasionally and stay overnight as required.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in business administration, information technology or other related business major from an accredited college or university. Preferred degree in Mathematics, Statistical Analysis, and Economics/Finance.
- Equal years of work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Requires a minimum three (3) years’ experience managing people and minimum five (5) years’ Workforce Management experience in a large multi-site call center environment.
- Experience with all workforce management functions including real-time, scheduling and forecasting.