Posted On: 08-08-2023
Position Title: Workforce Planner
Job Location: Shoreside in Miami, Florida (Reports to office 1x a week)
Apply Online: https://jobs.carnival.com/job/miami/workforce-planner-hybrid-in-miami/8858/50723199360
We are seeking a Shipboard Workforce Planner to align the business plans with the workforce onboard. Create and analyze forecasts and other key performance indicators. Plan for shipboard staffing requirements based on historical trends, drivers, shrinkages, events, etc. The planner handles all inquiries in a timely manner, updates the system to maintain accuracy as needed and provides future assignments to returning crew members.
- Develop and drive workforce planning efforts that are aligned with long-term staffing objectives in support of business plan and operational needs
- Creates and executes plans to optimize and/or improve scheduling efficiencies to meet business operations onboard.
- Understanding of supply chain and forecasting principles to determine future staffing needs and impact
- Provide strategic recommendations to decision-makers in operations and HR on staffing needs and crew movement
- Maintain crew personnel system with crew arrival confirmations; respond promptly to requests from team members, shipboard crew and Department Head inquiries
- Prepares ad hoc reports and analysis as requested by department head
- Identifies course of action or makes recommendations relating to staffing deviations based on observations (Crew requests, Schedule Adjustments, Skill changes)
- No or very little travel likely
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Analytics, or related field
- Minimum 1 year forecasting or scheduling experience
- 2-3 years of Workforce Planning experience preferred
- Microsoft Office and PC proficiency (intermediate to advance level with Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineer, Business Administration or related field preferred
- Demand planning, Scheduling staff, Six Sigma, Green Belt, Workforce planning experience preferred
- Ability to think logically and creatively
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, detail oriented, responsible and reliable
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good planning and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, flexibility, team orientation, ability and willingness to learn, great customer service
- Knowledge of crew management system and scheduling optimization system preferred
The range for this role’s base salary is $43,800 – $63,800. Offers to selected candidates will be made on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account specific job-related skills and experience.
At Carnival, your total rewards package is much more than your base salary. All non-sales roles participate in an annual cash bonus program, while sales roles have an incentive plan. Director and above roles are also eligible for an additional vesting equity plan. Plus, Carnival provides comprehensive and innovative benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Health Benefits:
- Cost-effective medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program and other mental health resources
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage
- Financial Benefits:
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holidays – All full-time and part-time with benefits employees receive days off for 7 company-wide holidays, plus an additional floating holiday to be taken at the employee’s discretion.
- Vacation Time – All full-time employees at the manager and below level start with 14 days/year; director and above level start with 19 days/year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 84 hours/year. All employees gain additional vacation time with further tenure.
- Sick Time – All full-time employees receive 80 hours of sick time each year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 60 hours each year.
- Other Benefits
- Complementary stand-by cruises, employee discounts on confirmed cruises, plus special rates for family and friends
- Personal and professional learning and development resources including tuition reimbursement
- On-site preschool program, wellness center, and health clinic at our Miami campus
In addition to other duties/functions, this position requires full commitment and support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak up when they see misconduct or have concerns.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.