Posted On: 11-17-2021
Position Title: Workforce Planning Analyst
Job Location: Burnaby, BC – Prince George, BC – Trail, BC
Apply Online: https://careers.fortisbc.com/job/Burnaby-Workforce-Planning-Analyst-BC/552365017/
Contact: Jessica Stowe- phone # 778-578-3884 or email: Jessica.Stowe@fortisbc.com
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,500 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
Within a customer centric culture and in accordance with the organization’s strategic vision, core values and leadership/customer service competencies, reporting to the Workforce Planning Manager, this position is responsible to facilitate centralized workforce scheduling and forecasting for multiple sites, across multiple channels to ensure defined service level metrics and staffing levels are maintained and/or optimized.
- Complete centralized workforce scheduling and forecasting activities for multiple sites, across multiple channels to ensure customer service level metrics and optimal staffing levels are achieved; conduct real-time monitoring of telephony and alternate delivery systems.
- Ensure resources are utilized to meet customer demands; monitor work queues to identify issues and collaborate with team managers to initiate applicable/corrective action.
- Produce staff schedules leveraging resources to achieve maximized business objectives. Provide tracking, attrition and conduct weekly headcount reconciliation and reporting.
- Ensure accurate compilation and distribution of defined and ad hoc reports to assist in the effective management of service levels.
- Provide detailed analysis of daily operational performance and facilitate prior day root cause evaluations and cause determination if service levels were not achieved.
- Attend to issues related to the administration of established workforce planning and scheduling system/s and related application/s; update skills, preferences, permissions and other data requirements to ensure service level metrics and staffing levels are maintained.
- Coordinate annual vacation planning requirements and schedule requirements and definitions.
- Prepare actual versus forecasted volume reports and identify root cause differentials; analyze historical volumes and trending patterns to develop accurate new hire requirements and schedule optimization.
- Conduct gap analysis and recommend staff numbers that include defined shift requirements to facilitate new hire recruitment strategies.
- Conduct short and long term forecasting; incorporate historical trending information and new initiatives for annual budgeting exercise.
- Provide advice to call centre personnel in scheduling training sessions in order to limit impact to defined service and staffing levels.
- Provide support to Team Managers and Quality Analysts; ensure call recording and coaching activities are consistently delivered and team meetings are scheduled to avoid impacts service levels.
- Maintain effective relationship with call centre leadership team and contribute to the implementation of new contact center programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related discipline from a recognized program plus 2 to 3 years recent, related experience in a call centre environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of the Utility Industry an asset
- Expert knowledge of workforce management systems, programs and principles
- Working Knowledge of IC Business Manager/Interaction Decisions/Genesys an asset
- Advanced level computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in a unionized and/or regulatory environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop performance related reporting
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and apply judgment in decision making/problem solving situations
- Demonstrated ability to work with complex reports
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, meet priorities and to work within demanding work schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Contact Center experience is mandatory
The normal Burnaby Contact Centre hours are Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. Your shift may fall anywhere within these timeframes. As an M&E employee you will be in a “on call” rotational schedule.
Minimal travel may be required.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.