Posted On: 02-25-2019
Position Title: Workforce Planning Analyst
Job Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Apply Online: https://www.fortisbc.com/careers/current-job-opportunities
|Title||Workforce Planning Analyst|
|Affiliation||Management & Exempt|
|Job Status||Full Time Temporary|
|Approximate End Date for Temporary Job||3/6/2020|
|Position Overview||Within a customer centric culture and in accordance with the organization’s strategic vision, core values and leadership/customer service competencies, reporting in Willingdon Park to the Workforce Planning Manager, this position is responsible to facilitate centralized workforce scheduling and forecasting for multiple sites, across multiple channels to ensure defined service level metrics and staffing levels are maintained and/or optimized.|
|Responsibilities||• Complete centralized workforce scheduling and forecasting activities for multiple sites, across multiple channels to ensure customer service level metrics and optimal staffing levels are achieved; conduct real-time monitoring of telephony and alternate delivery systems.
• Ensure resources are utilized to meet customer demands; monitor work queues to identify issues and collaborate with team managers to initiate applicable/corrective action.
• Produce staff schedules leveraging resources to achieve maximized business objectives. Provide tracking, attrition and conduct weekly headcount reconciliation and reporting.
• Ensure accurate compilation and distribution of defined and ad hoc reports to assist in the effective management of service levels.
• Provide detailed analysis of daily operational performance and facilitate prior day root cause evaluations and cause determination if service levels were not achieved.
• Attend to issues related to the administration of established workforce planning and scheduling system/s and related application/s; update skills, preferences, permissions and other data requirements to ensure service level metrics and staffing levels are maintained.
• Coordinate annual vacation planning requirements and schedule requirements and definitions.
• Prepare actual versus forecasted volume reports and identify root cause differentials; analyze historical volumes and trending patterns to develop accurate new hire requirements and schedule optimization.
• Conduct gap analysis and recommend staff numbers that include defined shift requirements to facilitate new hire recruitment strategies.
• Conduct short and long term forecasting; incorporate historical trending information and new initiatives for annual budgeting exercise.
• Provide advice to call centre personnel in scheduling training sessions in order to limit impact to defined service and staffing levels.
• Provide support to Team Managers and Quality Analysts; ensure call recording and coaching activities are consistently delivered and team meetings are scheduled to avoid impacts service levels.
• Maintain effective relationship with call centre leadership team and contribute to the implementation of new contact center programs.
|Requirements||Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related discipline from a recognized program plus 2 to 3 years recent, related experience in a call centre environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Role Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the Utility Industry an asset
Safe – Lead others in understanding, accepting and demonstrating safety standards and procedures.
|Additional Information||The normal Burnaby Contact Centre hours are Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. Your shift may fall anywhere within these timeframes. As an M&E employee you will be in a “on call” rotational schedule.
Minimal travel may be required.
**Please submit an updated cover letter and resume, indicating how your experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the position.