Posted On: 07-23-2021
Position Title: Workforce Planning Analyst
Job Location: Remote
Apply Online: https://guardian.taleo.net/careersection/gl_ex/jobsearch.ftl
Our Workforce Planning Analyst is responsible for ensuring Guardian has enough resources available to service our customers while balancing the needs of our employees. Our Workforce Planning Analyst partners with leadership to effectively manage a $5M to $10M service team per analyst.
Workforce Planning System Administration
- Anticipates and addresses business needs for data, forecasting, and planning to protect our customer experience.
- Designs, maintains, documents, and updates our Workforce Planning platform (Impact 360) to provide ongoing improvement enabling business partners to effectively manage their businesses.
- Comfortable interacting with databases.
- Analyzes and interprets data using statistical procedures, research programs or other methods, and makes tabulations as well as projections based on statistical inference.
- Provides short (1-4 weeks) and mid (1-3 month) term forecasting snapshots to our business partners on a weekly basis.
- Ensures staff schedules are updated appropriately based on customer demand.
- Proactively partner with business partner to address capacity needs or to utilize excess capacity on value added activities.
- Partners with other areas of Financial Planning and Analysis to recommend future budgetary adjustments to staffing considerations as necessary.
- Compiles daily and weekly operational data for monthly readout to our leadership.
- Implements relevant findings into long-term forecasting model.
Qualifications – External
Skills and Knowledge
- You effectively communicate complex issues to frontline staff, team leaders, managers, directors, and AVPs.
- You are dynamic, innovative, creative, and you are always looking to implement the best solution to a problem.
- You are self-driven, you have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- You are relentless; you aren’t satisfied until you’ve found the right answer.
- You have a demonstrated ability to make decisions using sound judgment.
- You have advanced mathematical and analytical skills.
- You can work effectively with remote teams.
- You have advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word skills.
- You have experience interacting with data through statistical reporting tools (Cognos, SQL, Access, SAP Business Objects, or similar tools).
- You are experienced in taking historical data and combining business feedback to paint a meaningful picture of the future.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- You have experience building relationships in a professional environment.
- You have logical analysis, problem solving, and decision-making experience.
- You communicate effectively to drive change with individuals, small groups, and large teams of people.
- This position can be located in any of our beautiful new or renovated offices or can be a fully remote, work from home position anywhere in the continental United States.
- 10% travel required once it is safe to do so.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for 160 years. Every day, we serve approximately 29 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. We help people and their families pursue financial security and well-being in life, health, and wealth. We help companies take care of their employees. And we help people recover and thrive after unexpected loss. From our founding in 1860, when a community of immigrants joined together to insure and protect their businesses and families, doing the right thing for our policyholders and customers has guided everything we do. Our dedication to customers has helped us remain one of the most highly rated in client satisfaction and financial strength. And as one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at www.GuardianLife.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
© Copyright 2021 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY