Workforce Planning/Business Modeling Informatics Analyst – Durham, NC
Posted on 1-23-2013
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Workforce Planning/Business Modeling Informatics Analyst
Location: Durham, NC
||Workforce Planning/Business Modeling Informatics Analyst
||Provide consultative and analytical support to customers on various projects; conducts ad hoc analysis as directed by management to include the evaluation of business transaction models, staffing models and financial models. With management guidance, design and/or implement inferential data modeling techniques, solve business problems through analysis and communicate the outcomes of analysis to business owners and BCBSNC management. Under supervision:
- Perform all aspects of data analysis and evaluation, to include:odata acquisition and data management,intermediate SAS, SQL or MCSource programming,quantitative and qualitative data analysis, interpretation and synthesis of outcomes and conclusions,trending,and prepare documentation and communication of results to inform recommendations for business owners and management.
- Provide analytical support and ad hoc analysis including design and database queries to extract necessary data.
- Provide direction and/or consultation on statistical methodology to customers as appropriate.
- Use business knowledge to determine project requirements, resolve business issues and identify changes or barriers to success.
- Negotiate requirements with customers to ensure optimal value.
- Stay abreast of best practices/methodologies for care management programs and processes. Provide consultative services to management in support of tactical and strategic business strategies.
|Bachelor’s and 3 year of data management experience and analyzing large data sets in a business environment.
If no degree, 5 years of data management experience and analyzing large data sets in a business environment.
|Additional Critical Skills & Knowledge Needed for Job
|Bachelor’s degree degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, quantitative social science, computer science, math, statistics, or finance
Experience with MCSource (Operations Informatics only).
Experience in the health care industry.
Experience with analytical groupers (i.e. Diagnostic Cost Groupers, , Episodic Treatment Group’s).
Prior project management experience.
Intermediate programming in SAS (Base and Stat) / SQL Query Construction) or other programming language.
Documentation of programs and processes (suitable for internal and external communication).
- Intermediate understanding of relational database systems and uses.
- Intermediate knowledge of operations systems (PowerMHS, ServiceFirst, Seibel, etc.)
- Intermediate skill with Crystal Reports, Business Objects
- Knowledge of tactical and strategic strategies
- Ability to perform independent research
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving, reasoning, and logic skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of coding structures and payment methodologies
- Self-motivated and the ability to take initiative