Posted On: 08-21-2017
Position Title: Workload Planning & Forecasting Director
Job Location: San Antonio, TX
Relocation assistance is available for this position
Apply at www.USAA.com/careers and reference Job Number: R0011195
Full Job Title: Dir Wkld Plng and Frcstng
Purpose of Job
IMPORTANT: Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
We are currently seeking talented Director Workload Planning and Forecasting for our San Antonio, TX facility.
The Director of Workload Planning and Forecasting is responsible for providing thoughtful leadership and people leadership to the team(s) supporting contact center workload planning and forecasting. Develops and motivates employees through regular coaching and feedback that leads to improved results. This position will establish effective relationships with internal and external partners to ensure processes, procedures and systems provide accurate and reliable capacity planning for USAA contact center environments.
- Directs the planning and implementation of integrated resource planning processes for a specified company or staff agency. Ensures forecasts and schedules are timely, accurate, and consider channel inputs and business injects.
- May serve as an owner of a business process and/or program.
- Acts in consultative and advisory capacity to executive management on strategic and tactical workload and resource planning design and implementation. Oversees analysis to validate effectiveness and efficiency of plans, strategies and decisions.
- Manages statistical analysis in support of integrated workload modeling. Approves data collection guidelines and methodologies. Oversees gathering of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Maintains an understanding of company business operations and goals and provides information on how workload strategies impact performance goals.
- Drives standardization in and oversees the building of analytical tools that are scalable and flexible.
- Identifies, provides oversight and performs forecasting analysis/data mining on special business topics (e.g.: Marketing ROI and optimization, fulfillment process/productivity improvements, demand forecasting, customer segmentation, etc) and partners with internal and external areas (e.g. Finance, CoSAs, HR etc).
- Reviews and assesses department, business, and strategic supplier processes and procedures ensuring efficient workload management to support enterprise objectives.
- Performs people management functions including employee selection, team building, project/workload assignment, employee training, monitoring of work activity and pay management decisions. Provides motivation, coaching and feedback that lead to sound business results. Manages employee performance and facilitates professional development and career progression. Ensures employees understand how the tasks they perform support the workload planning and forecasting activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or 6 years equivalent workload management experience
- 8+ years workforce management experience related to contact center environments.
- 3+ years direct people management experience or experience leading teams or projects.
- 10+ years strategic workforce management experience related to contact center environment
- Contact center forecasting, scheduling and/or FTE planning experience.
- 5+ years direct people management experience
- 3+ years leading programs or projects in a contact center
- 3+ years supporting 3rd party suppliers
- Exposure to Agile methodology
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.