Posted On: 3-1-2016
Position Title: Workload Planning & Forecasting Manager
Job Location: San Antonio, TX or Phoenix, AZ
To apply, go to https://www.usaajobs.com/ and reference job number 26072
Date Posted: 2-25-2016
Full Job Title: Manager – Workload Planning & Forecasting
We are currently seeking talented Manager – Workload Planning & Forecasting for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Manager of Workload Planning and Forecasting is responsible for managing and guiding teams to support operational workload planning and forecasting activities. Develops and motivates employees through regular coaching and feedback that leads to improved results. This position will establish effective relationships with internal and external partners to ensure processes, procedures and systems provide accurate and reliable capacity planning for USAA contact center environments.
- Ensures relationships with internal and external business partners proactively identifies performance opportunities. Manages strategic supplier relationships and productivity to ensure service level objectives are met.
- Maintains an understanding of company business operations and goals and provides information on how workload strategies impact performance goals. Ensures forecasts and schedules are timely, accurate, and consider channel inputs and business injects. Proactively manages pipeline and training plan requirements.
Oversees and directs the philosophy of schedule assignments and preferencing.
- Sets direction for reporting design, nomenclature, approach, requirements gathering, end-user communications protocols, release schedules, quality assurance and change management process. Provides analysis and strategic consulting by considering enterprise initiatives and capabilities. Recommends performance solutions related to department operational areas.
- Identifies, provides oversight and performs forecasting analysis/data mining on special business topics (e.g.: Marketing ROI and optimization, fulfillment process/productivity improvements, demand forecasting, customer segmentation, etc) and partners with internal and external areas (e.g. Finance, CoSAs, HR etc).
- Acts as sponsor / stakeholder for special projects such as process definition, process improvement or client satisfaction.
- Performs people management functions including employee selection, team building, project/workload assignment, employee training, monitoring of work activity and pay management decisions. Provides motivation, coaching and feedback that lead to sound business results. Manages employee performance and facilitates professional development and career progression. Ensures employees understand how the tasks they perform support the workload planning and forecasting activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or 6 years related workload management experience
- 5+ years experience in strategic supplier or workforce management related to contact center environments
- 2+ years direct people management experience, or 2+ years leading or managing projects
- 8+ years experience in workforce management tools related to contact center environments
- 4+ years direct people management experience
- Strong Quantitative skills
- Strong Excel skills
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services organization, USAA is on a mission – to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 27,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #11 in Forbes list of 500 of the “Best Employers in the U.S. in 2015”, we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer – applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.