Posted On: 01-25-2014
Position Title: Intraday Analyst
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN, Austin, TX or Englewood, CO
Company: Charles Schwab
Interested candidates should apply online at: http://jobsearch.schwab.com/viewjob.html?erjob=240445&eresc=SWPP
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients’ eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
The Intraday Team is part of our Interaction Strategy & Support Organization. Members of this team are responsible for developing working business agreements and actions to assist with intraday call volumes and staff management that leverage our bias towards action when both excess capacity and/or shortfalls are present. They manage and optimize off phone activities through real-time and near term actions, with a relentless drive to balance consistency in our client service levels with the growth and development needs of our client facing representatives. Intraday plays the role of decision support, bridging the gap between call center dynamics and numeric forecasts to practical realities of running the business; recognizing gaps and opportunities, framing the situation in clear language and providing viable options with related implications in a timely and compelling manner. Once a decision is made, Intraday is charged with leveraging partnerships across multiple areas to implement according to plan and escalate or course correct any deviations from plan. This team will regularly interact as the primary point of contact for IS&S as it relates to near term staffing decisions for business leaders at various levels of management with and outside of the IS&S organization.
Brief Description of Role:
The Intraday Team monitors both our telephony network and phone team staff levels real-time. Understanding call routing concepts and how they impact staffing realities, in addition to being able to clearly communicate deviations from our plans is a key component for this role. The ability to interpret staff requirements and leverage this data to take swift actions that close the gap between forecasted staffing needs and actual needs is a must. Follow-up actions regularly include executing quick routing and quota table changes, partnering with leadership to return representatives to the phones, rescheduling preplanned development efforts for a later time, or scheduling development efforts between various business leaders and our front line representatives to leverage periods of time where excess staffing is forecasted and/or occurring.
- A strong understanding of call center dynamics and the major inputs of forecasting requirements and development in a skills-based routing environment is required.
- Previous contact center work force management experience is preferred.
- Must be able to apply mathematical concepts and analysis to solve complex problems and develop workable solutions.
- Must have the ability to articulate analytical arguments, staffing impacts and development planning methodologies to senior level management.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required and some exposure to database management is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively as part of a team to solve complex organizational problems.
- An understanding of call routing concepts and how they impact staffing requirements is preferred.
- Proven experience creating effective development strategies and then quickly executing upon them is preferred.
- Requires a self-starter who can work independently and manage several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to make quick decisions using sound judgment.
- The Intraday Team supports a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week call center; therefore, we require someone who can adjust hours week by week as needed to help cover time off for team members across these hours.