Posted On: 1-9-2015
Position Title: Sr. Workforce Specialist
Job Location: Multiple
Apply online: http://careers.travelers.com/job/Richardson-Sr_-Workforce-Specialist-Job-TX-75080/222493600/
Travelers is seeking a Sr. Workforce Specialist to be part of a geographically dispersed Workforce Administration Group (WAG) that supports inbound, outbound, and back office functions. This position is responsible for mid-and short-range schedule adjustments and intraday management including: continually analyzing historical and forecasted volume and staffing to identify trends and patterns, scheduling off-line activities, monitoring phone and back office queues, making appropriate advanced and real-time adjustments to forecasts/schedules, and implementing contingencies.
This role requires an effective communicator who can work in a fast paced virtual environment and influence various individuals across and at all levels of the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
– Understand and analyze short and long term staffing plans and forecasts, incorporating multiple work types with competing operational goals and effectively distributing resources to meet all goals simultaneously within a multi-skill, virtual environment
– Forecast/review/reforecast short term and intraday workload to properly understand and affect net capacity
– Real-time monitoring of systems, workload, staffing, and service level performance to identify irregularities, determine root causes, and ensure appropriate work reallocation and/or staffing adjustments based upon volume, available staff and other business influences.
– Proactively assist management in dealing with real time adherence, unexpected workload and/or call volume variations.
– Work with business center management and other support departments to assure required non-phone activities are properly prioritized and scheduled within acceptable time frames.
– Collaborate with process leaders to understand and support changing business processes and strategies
– Ensures accuracy and timeliness of data by working time-off, schedule changes, and other Workforce Management (WFM) requests.
– Proactively identify and initiate change to address performance and process issues daily, and clearly communicate recommendations and guidance to senior operational leaders.
– Convey ideas orally and/or in writing with a clear, concise, organized and articulate style using a format that is appropriate for the target audience
– Track, report and communicate service performance to management on a daily basis, including post-mortem analysis on significant deviations
– Maintain accuracy, integrity and confidentiality of information
– Ensure appropriate maintenance of department process documentation
– Support set up and usage of the WFM software – Aspect eWFM
– Other duties as assigned
Education / Work Experience
– College degree (preferred) or commensurate work experience in call center operations
– Workforce Management experience; managing Intraday Performance using a workforce management software (prior use of Aspect and Genesys software is preferred)
– Strong knowledge of call center operations (preferred)
– Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, and various other software applications
– Personal Lines insurance knowledge is a plus
– Attention to detail
– Strong analytical skills
– Ability to prioritize and organize data
– Solid interpersonal skills
– Customer Focus
– Leadership traits and the ability to influence results
– Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
– Open to learning new approaches and willingness to take direction
– Ability to learn new applications
– Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, with frequent interruptions and competing priorities in a fast paced environment
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Category: Corporate Services/Other
Job ID: 815298