Posted On: 12-14-215
Position Title: Forecasting Analyst I
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ – Tampa, FL – Colorado Springs, CO – San Antonio, TX
To apply: go to https://usaa.com/careers and reference Job Number: 25458
Full Job Title: Forecasting Analyst I
We are currently seeking talented Forecasting Analyst I for our Phoenix, AZ, San Antonio, TX, Colorado Springs, CO, or Tampa, FL facility.
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE IN THE PHOENIX, SAN ANTONIO, COLORADO SPRINGS OR TAMPA OFFICE.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Analyzes contact center trends, including call volumes and call patterns, to forecast workload needed to support various channels. Ensures member service needs are met through accurate forecasting in support of various business areas. Provides data and additional information to be used for capacity planning. Delivers results of analysis and recommendations to various business partners and leadership to support the USAA mission.
- Creates short term and long term forecasts
- Conducts multi-dimensional short term and long term forecasting analysis to identify business issues related to workload planning.
- Formulates and provides summary of analysis and recommendations to management and business leaders to assist in resolving business issues.
- Navigates data and other various obstacles to deliver work product.
- Extracts data from various databases and workforce management tools.
- Provides advanced, in-depth analysis of workload factors for business areas with moderately complex multi-skill member contact areas.
- Gathers information, business intelligence, analyzes data trends, identifies root cause(s) and provides information to business leadership or project teams.
- Applies advanced knowledge of various forecasting methodologies and tools.
- May participate in enterprise level projects representing Forecasting expertise.
- Provides guidance and effectively partners with appropriate business leaders and representatives to integrate member channel demand into the overall forecasted need.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the business, channels and their applications and processes.
- 4+ years experience scheduling, forecasting or capacity planning to include advanced utilization of workforce management tools & data analysis tools, telecommunications tools, contact routing and workload delivery systems.
- 2+ years utilizing and implementing forecasting methodologies.
- 4+ years experience demonstrated application of mathematical and analytical skills applicable to workload forecasting.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent forecasting or capacity planning experience.
- Advanced degree in Mathematics or Statistics.
- 6+ years experience scheduling, forecasting or capacity planning to include utilization of workforce management tools & data analysis tools, telecommunications tools, contact routing and workload delivery systems.
- 4+ years experience utilizing and implementing forecasting methodologies for call centers with large number of multi-skill and multi-channel complexity.
- Demonstrated application of mathematical and analytical skills applicable to forecasting or capacity planning.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
– Knowledge of creating and producing long term and short term staffing plans
– Knowledge of forecasting methodologies
– Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Access, and Excel)
– Business acumen, Collaboration, Communication, Demonstrate Adaptability, Drive for Result and Innovation
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services organization, USAA is on a mission – to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 27,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #11 in Forbes list of 500 of the “Best Employers in the U.S. in 2015”, we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer – applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.