Posted On: 2-10-2016
Position Title: Senior Work Management Manager
Job Location: San Antonio, TX
Apply Online: https://jobs.thecapitalgroup.com
As the Senior Work Management Manager, do you like to lead teams and translate solutions through the power of influence based on the best business plans and practices? Are you a savvy leader who can thrive in ambiguity? If so, the Senior Work Management Manager, might be exactly what you’re are looking for in taking the next steps in your career and joining our dynamic team. In this role you will be leading a team of managers and associates who are responsible for developing forecasting models, conducting short- and long-term analyses to use in the development of staffing plans, and updating and communicating associate schedules.
- Manages department operations and initiatives.
- Collaborates with supported business groups to set and maintain guidelines for completion of work management functions.
- Engages with supported business groups to identify/meet needs, provide ongoing communication, and resolve escalated issues.
- Ensures forecasting models, analyses, and scheduling support align with current and future business needs.
- Evaluates departmental processes, procedures, and overall operations relative to customer and associate experience, as well as broader business goals and initiatives. Recommends and implements changes, as appropriate. Analyzes and presents trends
- Monitors and reports on key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Leads or oversees an interactive process with business managers to develop, design, test, and publish KPIs.
- May monitor KPI results to ensure appropriateness of data indicators form future analytical needs.
- Ensures identified trends are reported or presented to key stakeholders for consideration in decision-making. Develops and maintains an effective team. This includes:
Manages the environment:
- Sets the tone in business groups and ensures Capital’s philosophy is reflected throughout the organization through constant modeling and support of our core beliefs.
- Builds and supports strong teams.
- Represents organization in meetings with external parties including vendors and clients.
- Communicates with other internal senior leaders primarily on operational, business processes, risks and controls, and overall business planning.
- Provides a global and strategic context for associates when sharing information and making decisions.
- Participates and implements functional area organizational change efforts including planning and organization.
Manages the business:
- Manages a function or functional area to ensure the level of service meets quality and accuracy standards and is delivered effectively and efficiently, based on the business need.
- Develops, recommends and manages processes, procedures and practices within a function.
- Collaborates with others to establish strategic plans for assigned areas and works with managers to establish goals and objectives for each team in assigned groups to support larger business area objectives.
- Proactively reviews processes within a function to identify risk, assure best practices and align with current business needs.
- Participates in business planning and strategy discussion. Accountable for completion of assigned initiatives.
- Engages customers and/clients to resolve escalated issues or respond to other customer needs to provide clear and relevant information in support of client relationships.
- Engages relevant internal parties to communicate unusual business volume conditions and facilitate decisions. Accountable for successful completion.
- Manages performance of managers in the group and assures effective performance management of each team member.
- Interviews and assesses candidates for associate or manager positions. Makes hiring decisions.
- Approves compensation decisions, including salary increases, transfers, and promotions.
- Responsible for associate and management development within a function(s).
- Consults with managers to appropriately apply Human Resources guidelines and procedures.
- Provide guidance to managers on more complex performance issues.
- Manages projects Plans, leads and manages projects with broad business impact that may impact multiple functions to meet established objectives and deadlines.
- Oversees projects within a function or business area to ensure alignment with business plans and strategy.
- Monitors and coaches project leads.
- Represents business area in broad initiatives across departments or company.
- May collaborate or negotiate with outside vendors or clients on projects or service deliverables.
- Ability to influence groups and/or more senior associates.
- Plan processes and work for a group or team to assure work is completed in a timely manner.
- Effectively plan and manage the work of diverse, multiple teams.
- Collaborate and develop/maintain working relationships inside and outside the organization to enable effective completion of business objectives.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of high complexity.
- Intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in areas of high complexity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders.
- In-depth knowledge of work management systems, processes, and procedures. Exhibits knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the department/business area.