Posted On: 3-13-2017
Position Title: Workforce Management Analyst
Job Location: Irving, TX
The Workforce Management (“WFM”) Analyst is responsible for monitoring and analyzing the NMAC Contact Center’s customer contact volume compared to staffing levels, both in real-time and historically. The analyst will apply knowledge and concepts of basic algebra and statistics to drive the decision-making process associated with achieving service objectives and efficiency goals. This position supports all aspects of NMAC’s Contact Center to include; inbound and outbound calls, back office, traditional correspondence, and all digital channels (e.g. email, chat, and social media). The analyst will interact with leaders on the immediate team, with a focus on short- and long-term planning to ensure an optimal staffing strategy is in place while balancing quality, customer demand and NMAC’s financial objectives. The Workforce Analyst provides recommendations to his/her leaders on decisions that impact the Center’s performance. This includes, but is not limited to; resolving system outages by engaging the appropriate technology and operational parties, collaborating to develop process enhancements, and real-time triage when critical service goals are at risk. Partner with leaders by strategically identifying business needs, and propose solutions in line with the needs of our customers. Requires contact center experience with in-depth Workforce Management experience specializing in planning efforts. Ensures the right numbers of skilled resources are in place at the right time to handle the workload. Identify gaps in coverage and propose solutions for the best possible outcome. Data integrity is critical to success, as is attention to detail. Must possess the ability to self-check consistently for the best possible outcome. Must have the ability to work well under pressure, with the ability to multi task.
- Completes short- and mid-term forecasts of work volume, handle time and staff shrinkage.
- Manages staff scheduling including shift, PTO planning, and overtime, when necessary; schedules offline activities as frequently as required.
- Analyzes resource availability vs need for continual gap analysis, to spot trends and assess risks.
- Provides analytical input related to trends within supported operations teams, related to call handle time and call volume, to continuously improve forecasts and plans.
- Provides daily plans to meet service levels as needed. Identifies gaps in coverage, and proposes new shifts or realignments, along with hiring plans, including best shift for newly-hired agents.
- Maintains headcount/FTE requirements for each supported operations team, and works closely with leadership to ensure staffing is adequate to support compliance regulations.
- Maintains and updates agent information, including skill capabilities.
- Keeps up-to-date tracking on all schedule adjustments (e.g. medical leaves); develops and maintains PTO plans and schedules accordingly.
- Provides daily and weekly reports; supports ad-hoc reporting requests. Supports WFM-system integrity
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills are must.
- Works with a sense of urgency to achieve customer satisfaction while maintaining quality of work
- Flexibility with individual schedule as business needs warrant
- Strong communication (written and oral) and teaming/interpersonal skills; strong leadership capabilities, and ability to initiate and maintain cross-team relationships.
- Self-starter; requires little supervision.
- Three to five years’ experience in a workforce management environment, performing forecasting and scheduling.
- Bachelor Degree required. Certified Workforce Planning Professional certification preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills, with the ability to organize/analyze data in a structured manner
- Proficiency in a contact center workforce management tool (Verint preferred), that includes real-time adherence preferred.