Posted On: 9-26-2014
Position Title: Workforce Management Analyst IV (Forecasting)
Job Locations: Located in either Framingham, Aurora, Kentucky, Rochester, Lincolnshire, Halifax, Mississauga, Regina
Apply Online: https://careers.staples.com/jobs/customer-service-contact-centers/workforce-management-analyst-iv-forecasting-aurora-14351779/
Sr. Analyst – Forecasting is responsible for organizing, normalizing and analyzing historical data along with available business intelligence to produce a forecast of future daily workload. Specifically, responsible for long-range, intermediate, and near-term forecasts of work units and handle time for various work types, including calls, email, chat, and offline contacts across numerous contact types and lines of business.
• Collect and analyze historical contact volume and AHT data to ensure emerging trends are captured, identify and normalize outliers.
• Using historical data along with available business intelligence, forecast daily, weekly, and period level contact volume and AHT.
• Generate accurate long-range (6-18 months), intermediate range (3-6 months), and near-term (daily, 13 weeks) projections.
• Regularly review forecasting models, methodologies, projections, and rationale with key business leaders within the operation.
• Present forecast results in a clear, concise and useful way.
• Create complex, event driven, easy-to-use scenarios models.
• Identify areas of opportunity to improve overall accuracy and productivity through automation, process improvement, and by researching alternative forecasting methods (Sales, CPO, etc.).
• Assist business partners with the analysis and interpretations of WFM forecasting data and make recommendations for changes to optimize productivity.
• Partner with Customer Service support teams to support process improvement initiatives.
• Identify and communicate specific and effective opportunities to improve planning processes.
• Identify and implement optimal and reliable work structures and processes to effectively accomplish goals.
• Partner with Customer Service support teams, Marketing, and Finance to support initiatives related to forecast accuracy, root-cause analysis, or financial reconciliation.
• Partner with internal customers (Contact Center VP, Director, CCM, ACCM) on short/long-term forecasting decisions.
• Assist internal customers with the analysis and interpretation of contact center data and metrics and make recommendations for process or productivity improvements.
• Responsible for creating the annual workload (contacts + AHT) forecast that supports the labor budget process; partner with operations to review long-term projections in order to ensure alignment.
• Provide recommendations and guidance to support NAD Customer Service staffing strategy as it relates to growth or changes in the business.
Performance measured by:
• Contact volume – daily forecast accuracy.
• AHT – daily forecast accuracy.
• Service Level performance.
• Internal Customer satisfaction (WFM Survey).
• High School Diploma.
• Statistics Degree or equivalent statistical analysis work experience required.
• 3 years in Workforce Management, with at least 2 years of experience in Forecasting or Planning required.
• Proficient in the use of MS Excel required.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving expertise, with the ability to organize and interpret large amounts of complex, sometimes ambiguous data and/or business intelligence required.
• Working knowledge of Aspect eWFM, or similar Workforce Management tool (IEX, Blue Pumpkin) required.
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy required.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with others, including the presentation of large amounts of data in a meaningful, actionable way required.
• 5 years in Contact Center Analytics considered in lieu of WFM experience preferred.
• Ability to normalize historical data preferred.
• Ability to utilize various mathematical models to analyze historical trends in order to create forecasts of future activity preferred.
• Ability to collect, properly weigh and utilize available business intelligence preferred.
• Ability to create new models from scratch and to present scenario-driven data models preferred.
• Ability to listen attentively, communicate effectively, and socialize analysis with business owners preferred.
• Strong commitment to providing an exceptional customer experience, with a high level of dedication, enthusiasm, self-motivation, and persuasive ability in a team and cross-functional environment preferred.
• Capable of managing multiple priorities and competing demands calmly and effectively to complete work within specified time frames and quality parameters preferred.
• Experience with MicroStrategy reporting a plus preferred.