Posted On: 10-13-2023
Position Title: Manager Workforce Planning
Job Location: Hybrid
Apply Online: https://jobs.pseg.com/job/Newark-Manager-Workforce-Planning-NJ-07101/1085833400/
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Seeking a Workforce Planning Manager for our customer contact center. In this role, it is essential to manage customer satisfaction and service levels while working to reduce business costs and boost the efficiency of our employees. One of the main functions of this position is forecasting our staffing needs, so you will need to consider the contact volume, headcount requirements, and time-off requests. Our ideal candidate is someone who can encourage a high standard of care to our customers, provide positive support and encouragement to our employees, and understand our financial needs. This often requires real-time monitoring and oversight of employees.
- Manage, delegate, coach and provide guidance for the workforce management team; train WFM team members and other stakeholders on the use of workforce planning tools, reports, and systems
- Oversee and manage the collection, analysis, and reporting on performance statistics to drive operational efficiencies, proactive responsiveness, and forecasting
- Partners with IT and other departments to insure new processes and technologies are implemented and achieve expected outcomes
- Forecast long and short-term call volume based on company drivers adjusting for secular and seasonal trends
- Participate in the development of optimal queue design and skill-based routing
- Oversee staff shift communications relating to WFM; escalate interruptions or impacts to service level delivery as needed
- Develop, implement, and manage workforce management processes; ensure utilization to properly fit organization needs
- Produce staffing models for volume forecasts by queue or program; use this information to provide overall company budget and staffing strategies
- Determine staffing requirements by week; analyze and trend call arrival patterns to adjust staffing needs across departments
- Provide all appropriate reporting on workforce management – staffing, queues, efficiency, performance and productivity measures
- Monitor all call and work order queues
- Manage “off phone” time including planned and unplanned time off, meetings, trainings, etc; report on onsite and offsite shrink
- Schedule across multiple staff groups (Customer Service, Collections, and New Construction) and different work types – calls, work orders, chats, and emails
- Develop, implement and manage a shift bid and shift trading process
- Inform management of operational, budgetary or resource issues in a timely fashion; escalate issues as necessary
- Partner with internal stakeholders to optimize and update IVRs and call routing strategies; liaise with the technology teams to meet business requirements
- Partner with operations to develop appropriate staff KPI metrics and balanced scorecards
- Coordinate with talent acquisition and training departments for all staffing needs
- Contribute to project improvements across the customer service organization operations team
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned
Job Specific Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related major and a minimum of 8 years of workforce planning experience within a Call Center.
- Minimum of 4 years’ managerial experience
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate regulations
- Experience using NICE IEX software or similar contact center programs/softwares
- Strong, demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Ability to develop organizational talent and manage performance
- Knowledge of union rules/contracts and ability to effectively interact with union leadership
Minimum Years of Experience
8 years of experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
As an employee of PSEG you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
PSEG’s drug and alcohol testing program includes pre-employment testing, testing for cause, and post-incident/accident testing. For employees in federally regulated roles (including positions covered by USDOT, PHMSA, or NRC regulations), this also includes random testing. All drug and alcohol testing for federally regulated roles is inclusive of marijuana. Employees who transfer into a federally regulated role are subject to drug and alcohol testing, inclusive of marijuana.
PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through sharepoint.pseg.com by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers. This site (https://jobs.pseg.com/) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees, with the exception of PSEG employees who do not have company email addresses.
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call 973-430-3845 or email email@example.com.
If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
ADDITIONAL EEO/AA INFORMATION (Click link below)
Know your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision