Posted On: 06-13-2023
Position Title: Workforce Management Systems Administrator
Job Location: Remote
Apply Online: https://jobs.azblue.com/workforce-management-systems-administrator/job/24960601
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position is remote anywhere in the U.S., excluding: CO, KY, NY, NJ, OH, and PA.
Under minimal supervision, the Workforce Management System Administrator provides the necessary technical expertise to coordinate, design/configure, maintain, and support networked software (PMD, Pega/WFI and NICE). Accountable for the daily administration of these solutions and the associated change requests. Support system/process enhancements through analysis, developing solution development, re-configuration, and testing. Collaborates with internal IT partners to ensure systems are correctly maintained, updated, integrated, and secured for optimization. Partners with the business to understand their needs in relation to the features and functionality of the departments systems
Required Work Experience
- 5 years of experience with web/desktop based system administration
- 5 years of experience with web/desktop based system configuration/enhancement
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
- Preferred Work Experience
- 7 years of experience with web/desktop based system administration
- 7 years of experience with web/desktop based system configuration/enhancement
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
Essential Job Functions and responsibilities
- Collaborate with operations segments to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision-makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Design and deploy enhancements to existing software and operating systems for optimization.
- Research, analyze, track and resolve basic system issues.
- Manage post-installation support, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all systems.
- Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new initiatives (Cumulative Updates, Version Uplifts, Third-Party Solutions and Integration with additional Enterprise Systems).
- Develop, configure and maintain system and associated process documentation.
- Coordinate with Manager and BCBSAZ divisions in standardizing and optimizing the way data/information is extracted and stored.
- Work with IT Project Managers and Analysts to design and develop solutions to address business needs
- Identify opportunities and propose changes to the systems enhance business experience and effectiveness.
- Examine business requirement documents and create technical design documents, system test and implementation plans for small to complex projects.
- Draft programs, time estimates and project schedules based on prioritization and business requirements
- Ensure Service Level Agreements between department and operational or technical areas are met
- Synthesize complex or diverse information, collect and research data, use intuition and experience to complement data, work flows and procedures.
- Serve as point of escalation for technical issues that team members need assistance with.
- Maintain current industry knowledge of associated with supported solutions.
- Assist the manager in providing budgetary forecasting of equipment, software, service, and license needs
- Help maintains a Disaster Recovery / Contingency plan for assigned systems
- Responsible for modifications or updates to the production environment assigned to this department
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Implement departmental systems across all BCBSAZ; act as system Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Strong comprehension of system administration best practices.
- Expert attention to details.
- Strong inventory maintenance skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, etc)
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle methods (Waterfall, Agile).
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols and Internet standards
Required Professional Competencies
- Strong ability to Design business solutions
- Strong data minning and analysis skills
- Use judgment and creativity to analyze issues and design solution options to meet requirements/specifications as provided by business.
- Strong ability to quickly document technical requirements, processes, policies, procedures, best practices and etc. to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to quickly identify, learn and recommend tools/solutions to meet business and technical requirements.
- Ability to research and learn new skills without formalized classroom training. Ability to apply concepts learned in formalized training and conference settings to organizational challenges.
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions and assist in troubleshooting and resolution of any failures due to hardware or software issues.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Perserverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.