Posted On: 8-24-2021
Position Title: Instructional Designer
Job Location: This position can work out of any Sentry office including Madison, WI, Scottsdale, AZ, Davenport, IA and Goldsboro, NC.
Apply Online: https://jobs.sentry.com/search/126135
We believe in learning, and fully understand that it doesn’t happen by accident. In fact, it requires a strong strategic plan partnered with individuals who understand the complexities of learning as well as leadership and professional development.
Is that you? Do you have the experience and desire to work collaboratively to assess, plan, and design learning resources for Sentry University? If so, excellent! SentryU is an award winning corporate university; one that partners directly with business units and a steering committee to envision and manage a learning portfolio and comprehensive strategy. It’s a whole new way of engaging our associates, and possibly you!
This position can work out of any Sentry office including Madison, WI, Scottsdale, AZ, Davenport, IA and Goldsboro, NC. Apply today!
What You’ll Do
At SentryU, our Instructional Designer will leverage today’s technology and approaches to effectively transfer learning for our associates by creating meaningful and memorable learning experiences.
As the designer you’ll create, develop and/or curate technical and functional learning assets in a fast-paced environment including project management, design, delivery, evaluation, and ongoing improvement of competencies. In addition, you’ll:
- Development and/or curation of all curricula, plans and designs of material for online and offline, formal and informal learning engagements based on proven contemporary instructional theories and methodologies
• Work with subject matter experts to create engaging learning experiences and resources, compelling course content and learning paths that enhance retention, transference of knowledge, behaviors and workplace skills
• Acts as a thought leader to introduce innovative best-practice and emerging learner-centric design, techniques and tools such as certifications, leader boards, gamification, simulations, role plays and social collaboration, etc.
• Accountable for all phases of the instructional design process – from development to deployment to measurement
• Conducts analysis on current and legacy materials to transition to leaner centric modality and experiences
• Conceptualizes, designs and produces learning assets and solutions required by business partners that incorporate learning strategies, interactive and engaging techniques, assessments and visual elements to support business initiatives
• Develop leading edge, contemporary technology-based learning solutions using state-of-the-art learning technologies and programming languages
• Create technology solutions that provide insight into learning asset utilization and impact, while driving solutions to targeted audiences and communities
What it Takes
To be eligible for this career-launching opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, education technology or similar
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing, developing and implementing learning using rapid prototyping, storyboards and instructional script writing techniques
- Proficient with e-learning authoring and reporting tools on integrated LMS platforms
- Experience in applying adult learning theories and instructional design frameworks into professional learning engagements
- Ability to write effective instructional text and media scripts that support learning and instructional resources
- Visual & graphic design skills with ability to storyboard and produce finished graphics
What You’ll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a schedule work from home (Monday and Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday) after we begin to return to the office.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.