Posted On: 02-28-2019
Position Title: Lead Programmer – WFM
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, Riverwoods, IL, New Castle DE, Salt Lake City UT, New Albany OH
Apply Online: https://jobs.discover.com/job/9200004/lead-programmer-wfm-phoenix-az/
Primary Contact: Brett Copp
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Lead Programmer, WFM will be responsible for translating business requirements in to technical solutions leveraging WFM system APIs and the APIs of other internal applications in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness within WFM. This individual will establish release governance and testing processes for web app development to automate WFM system maintenance and update activities. In addition, this individual will perform technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
As the WFM systems are utilized by various roles across WFM and Operations, this position requires a holistic view of the organization and the ability to build strong relationships with a variety of business partners in order to help understand and articulate business requirements.
The successful candidate for this position is a self-motivated thought leader who is agile, strategic, process driven, and technically savvy with the proven ability to drive results within their team and through business partners.
Responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software. Ensures quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing. Performs technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
**** The position can be located at any of the Discover offices –
Phoenix, AZ, Riverwoods, IL, New Castle DE, Salt Lake City UT, New Albany OH. ***
- Maintains application software and systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Delivers technology solutions that support business goals. Partners with the product owner to understand business requirements, evaluates features, and translates application specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team.
- Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and contractors.
- Develops capability enhancements and automation opportunities across WFM forecasting, scheduling, planning, reporting, and systems teams
- Helps drive data democratization through the use of WFM system APIs
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Computer Systems, or related technical field
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, presentation, and planning skills with high attention to detail
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!