Posted On: 10-25-2023
Position Title: Manager, Workforce Optimization
Job Location: Rockville, MD
Apply Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=88425&clientkey=C0B5222A333F38B3A707F61C808AB3AB
Want to make a difference? Come be a part of the amazing work EveryMind is accomplishing!
EveryMind is hiring a Workforce Optimization Manager to join our Hotline team. This position is responsible for leading all functions of workforce management including forecasting workload, recommending staffing levels, scheduling, assessing real-time monitoring of contact center performance, analyzing results to make recommendations, and optimizing usage of contact center routing, resources, and communicating intra-day performance for Hotline.
Why Join EveryMind?
EveryMind is a growing private independent nonprofit organization with 160 employees across 20 locations. We have served the community for almost 65 years by strengthening communities and empowering individuals to reach optimal mental wellness. We were recognized as a Top Place to work in Montgomery County, Maryland by Bethesda Magazine. EveryMind is consistently recognized for being an excellent place to work, offering a positive workplace culture and a competitive compensation package that is meant to provide a great lifework balance.
Our competitive compensation package includes:
- A Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K matching benefit
- Highly Generous Leave Schedule (Vacation, Sick, Wellness Days, Holidays, Birthday leave, and much more)
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Discount Program
- A Great Place to Work
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and maintain processes related to the daily functioning of the Hotline, including workload distribution, monitor phone queue and chat/texts, user follow-up, closing cases, and maintain front-end messages and system availability.
- Set 24/7 schedule of call and chat/text specialists, make staffing recommendations to management team based on analysis of real-time performance.
- Provide management team information and analysis regarding workload, traffic distribution, and service performance.
- Develop and manage service escalation processes that involve routing changes (e.g., moving volume, changing messaging, etc.) and staff optimization (e.g., implementing overtime and schedule modifications).
- Define work mode usage for consistent measurement of interaction handling related to the usage of systems and tools utilized to manage calls, chats, texts, and cases.
- Develop staffing models, forecasts, and scheduling to support department objectives.
- Provide recommendations to improve business trends, processes, service levels, and key performance metrics in a customer focused multi-channel contact center environment.
- Represent Hotline on cross functional projects, system enhancements, vendor selection, IVR design, and other technology initiatives.
- Develop regular forecasts of workload including long-range strategic, medium term business planning, and short-term operational staffing requirements and scheduling.
- Research, forecast, and report on demand drivers and environmental changes. Review forecasts for accuracy at different levels and subsets across multiple functional areas, to include measurement points and intraday intervals.
- Perform analysis of Hotline data to provide insight into reasons for contacts, employee performance, forecast variances, metric variances, cost per contact, and other data relative to performance.
- Collaborate with leadership to provide ongoing analysis of and recommendations to improve Hotline performance relative to strategic metrics, including service levels, occupancy, adherence, and customer experience.
- Facilitate regularly scheduled planning meetings with Hotline leadership team and HR to review current staff levels, near-term forecasted staff levels, and create a plan for hiring, training, and transitioning new specialists.
- Leverage data, results, knowledge and trends, present impact analysis and recommendations for action/implementation.
- Plan, organize, and control resources for optimal utilization to deliver appropriate customer service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- 2+ Years’ experience in Workforce Management, preferably in multi-channel contact centers.
- 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Experience with Workforce Management software (scheduling, performance tracking, reporting).
- Subject Matter Expert on Workforce Management, Workforce Optimization for Contact Center(s), participating in selection and oversight with WFM technology software administration
- Detailed oriented with the ability to manage and interact with both clients, staff, and management
- Knowledge of scheduling for a 24-hour operation
- Highly developed analytical skills for reviewing and analyzing data, communicating actionable information/recommendations
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making
- Analytical and mathematical proficiency
- Ability to communicate clearly through verbal and written communication
- Computer skills
- Familiarity with contact center technology
- Comfortable using forecasting tools/methods
Effectively interact and work collaboratively in a flexible work environment with a variety of constituents including CEO, board members, clients and family members or caretakers, interns, volunteers, paid staff, and community partners. Ability to express ideas with clarity, confidence and sensitivity. Must be able to maintain confidentiality involving clients in accordance with organizational and federal guidelines. Familiarity with working and hiring interns and volunteers.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job’s duties, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger dexterity, handle with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, kneel, crouch, or talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds frequently. The job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.