Posted On: 9-29-2018
Position Title: Spectrum Traffic Workforce Analyst
Job Location: West Columbia, SC
Apply Online: https://jobs.spectrum.com/job/west-columbia/spectrum-traffic-workforce-analyst/4673/8756064
Requisition Number: 223158BR
Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Traffic Workforce Analyst is responsible for maximizing occupancy and service level through real-time and intraday monitoring of and analysis of contact volumes and AHT to forecast, management of staffing to requirements, adjustments to staff requirements (including OT and VTO), setting primary/secondary/reserve skilling, maintain staffing line adherence, and coordination of decentralized Workforce Management resources for outsourcer and Spectrum’s virtualized contact centers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Review, analyze and assess the Forecasting and Staffing Analysts’ contact and FTE forecasts to insure the forecasts are accurate given recent results, trends in contact volume and AHT, as well as site level staffing attainment.
- Update intraday (interval) contact volume and average handle time for all call types and contact centers based on global forecasts and real-time trends. Make manual adjustments in eWFM to account for out-of-pattern days, including days after holidays, PPV events, or outages.
- Adjust, in eWFM, next day forecasts to reflect the current view of staffing requirements. Enter updates into the WFM Portal to adjust staffing needs as required. Negotiate with sites, as necessary, for new staff attainment (including best effort OT and VTO) to maximize service level and occupancy.
- Monitor and manage intraday staffing in internal and outsourced contact centers to ensure balancing of staff requirements (attaining similar OT and VTO goals in proportion to existing staff and currently attained OT and VTO) and compliance to forecast agreements. Provide guidance and coordinate internal and outsource Workforce Management teams in administering real time overtime and voluntary time off activities.
- Communicate to internal local staffing and outsource centralized teams to identify trends in absenteeism, turnover, and other events impacting staffing availability.
- Make real time adjustments to staffing forecasts in eWFM, including shrinkage, to provide the most accurate and up-to-date view of staffing forecast to requirements.
- Instruct and coordinate optimal intraday scheduling of team meetings, supervisor coaching sessions, training and other scheduled off-phone (shrinkage) activity.
- Monitor real time call statistics schedule adherence and communicate with internal and outsource Workforce Management teams to ensure on-phone and off-phone activity is managed efficiently throughout the day
- Develop and communicate intraday service level and occupancy analysis to highlight events that cause Care to miss goal in any contact type. Such analysis should be thorough, self-explanatory, and detailed as to the cause of the miss (location, subscribers impacted, duration, trouble ticket number, posting of an announcement), the quantified impact of the miss (both for the interval(s) and day), and expected time for resolution.
- Escalate service level and occupancy miss issues to the necessary Manager, Director or Vice President level, based on time frame and impact.
- Interface with internal and external departments when call routing, tool issue anomalies are presented so the impact is fully scoped, the proper escalation paths are followed for timely resolution, staffing adjustments are facilitated and communication paths remain open until resolution is obtained.
- Work with the Forecasting and Staffing Analyst to assess and analyze all activities in the post day period, recommend action plans to strengthen results, and monitor the implementation of activities to achieve those results.
- Responsible for the specific results for the associated contact type of service level, occupancy, interval staffing forecast accuracy, schedule efficiency, line adherence, and overtime attainment.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis techniques, including multivariate regression analysis and seasonality techniques
- Acute sense of urgency
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to indirectly supervise and motivate others
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Knowledge of cable television products and services
- Knowledge of Aspect eWorkforce Management or similar application (IEX, Blue Pumpkin, etc)
Bachelor’s degree in statistics, business, related field or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Workforce management scheduling and forecasting software 2
Inbound contact center experience 2
Office environment with 24-hour service capability
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.