Posted On: 07-23-2021
Position Title: Strategic Planning Analyst
Job Location: Remote
Apply Online: https://guardian.taleo.net/careersection/gl_ex/jobsearch.ftl
The Strategic Planning Analyst is responsible for ensuring strategic goals are met through forecast modeling, capacity planning, collaboration and effective communication, while ensuring forecast targets are met. This position is responsible for contact volume, productivity and capacity forecasts for up to 1,000 FTE across multiple locations and vendors. This position is vital to the organizations ability to effectively plan for the long term in partnership with business leaders. The Strategic Planning Analyst provides business leaders and executives with an understanding of the key drivers of their business and proactively finds ways to improve the way they operate and follow through on their budgeted commitments.
- Develop long-term forecasting, capacity planning and staffing models to meet the needs of the business
- Prepare, review, and present monthly meetings to business leaders and executives to review budget volumes, capacity and staffing plans against current trends to identify potential risk
- Gathers and analyzes customer base growth and customer to contact volume ratios, incorporate this information into forecast and capacity models to predict contact volume and capacity needs
- Provides leaders with analysis and recommendations on contact volumes, productivity rates and the impact on performance and capacity needs
- Forecast capacity planning and allocation of volume at multiple locations
- Tracks volume and headcount versus plan, analyzes and communicates variances and impacts
- Collaborates with the business to recommend hiring plans based on capacity needs and historical attrition rates
- Identify information needed and develop tools to deliver the analysis results
- Recognize opportunities and perform scenario generation for adjustments to volume and productivity and the impact to their overall business operations.
- Leads projects as requested
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues across all levels of the organization
- Understands the business operations, channel and products
- Strong leadership skills
- Develop strong relationships with key business partners such as Group Expense Management, Project Management and Reporting
- Strong written and oral communication skills for both internal and external parties
- Demonstrate ability to make decisions using sound judgment
- Ability to relate to all levels of the organization
- Maturity, Professionalism and high level of discretion are required
- Strong presence with the ability to interact with leadership
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to identify inefficiencies/ineffective processes and develop recommendations for improvement
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to and support changing business priorities and environments
- Advanced mathematical and analytical skills
- Established capability in working independently and successfully adhering to deadlines
- Expert understanding of forecasting and capacity planning methodology
- Understanding of the Service, Cost and Quality Model and exemplifies the principles
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups, etc),PowerPoint and Word
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years workforce planning experience in a multi-site, multi-skilled environment, preferably in the insurance industry
- 3 + years inventory management experience, preferably in the insurance industry
- Forecasting/Modeling experience with transaction-based volumes and multi-media contact volumes
- Remote – Continental US
- Up to 10% travel within US.
- Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for 160 years. Every day, we serve approximately 29 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. We help people and their families pursue financial security and well-being in life, health, and wealth. We help companies take care of their employees. And we help people recover and thrive after unexpected loss.
From our founding in 1860, when a community of immigrants joined together to insure and protect their businesses and families, doing the right thing for our policyholders and customers has guided everything we do. Our dedication to customers has helped us remain one of the most highly rated in client satisfaction and
financial strength. And as one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at www.GuardianLife.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
© Copyright 2020 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY