Posted On: 7-12-2021
Position Title: Workforce management Business Analyst
Job Location: Broomfield CO, or Cumberland Maryland or Salt Lake City Utah
Company Name: Hunter Douglas
Contact Information: email@example.com
Workforce Management Business Analyst
About the Job:
This is an opportunity to help build the perfect workforce management system from the ground floor. In this role, you will help to develop capacity planning, create and improve reporting and explore automation, and help to define and shape world-class and unique WFM practices. You will analyze call volume drivers, trends, and develop short-, mid and long- term forecasts using WFM statistical modeling and communicate to management. Forecasting will be prepared on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. You will provide variance analysis volume forecast vs. prior forecast, targets, budget, and various scenarios. You will be responsible for maintaining schedules to meet service objectives and keeping multiple system databases updated with complete and accurate information. You will design schedules in the WFM system to meet performance and productivity requirements. You will work closely with team members and site management to adjust schedules in response to real-time factors affecting contact center needs. Along with a teammate, you will act as a WFM subject matter expert, providing input on decisions that impact contact center KPIs (i.e. volume, AHT, ASA, etc.) and make recommendations to increase operational efficiency.
- You love a new challenge and are not afraid to take risks and try new things.
- You can connect with people and can be persuasive.
- You are determined, disciplined, and dedicated.
- You take pride in your work and strive to always find ways to improve.
What you have:
- Five years of experience in workforce planning, forecasting, and scheduling for at least 100 employees across multiple contact centers and multiple time zones.
- Two to five years of experience in one or more of the following; automation or skill sets related to automating processes; financial analysis; customer satisfaction/voice of the customer; operations supervision or management; or project management.
- One year of experience with Verint Monet and/or Talk Desk is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in relevant field from four-year college or university preferred.
What you will do:
- Compile, distribute and analyze daily, weekly, and monthly performance reports.
- Collaborate with management on identifying opportunities to further optimize our workforce, find solutions for improving metrics, along with making recommendations on how to improve productivity.
- Manage long- and short-term forecasting, working with management to develop clear drivers of call volume.
- Manage reporting around historical performance and convey future trends.
- Evaluates all inputs to the capacity plan model on a regular basis to confirm, document, and communicate forecast accuracy.
- Conduct “what if” scenarios to assess volume, staffing, performance, and cost impact to changes in the business.
- Provide analytical support for special projects.
- Maintain running reports of KPIs and SLAs.
- Handle multiple tasks aimed at meeting/exceeding ongoing service level and occupancy objectives.
- Communication of the weekly plan and daily updates to management.
- Prepare and analyze agent work schedules in order to meet service level requirements in the most efficient manner possible within work rules, legal requirements, and other constraints.
- Make thoughtful and sound recommendations to management around optimal staffing tactics (e.g. shift bids, temporary shift alignments, overtime, etc.)
- Analysis and presentation of findings for recommended schedule changes to management.
- Process employee and management requests for employee schedule changes.
- Facilitation of the planning and scheduling process for all off-line activities in the call center including meetings, training, coaching, and vacations.
- Provide real-time monitoring using available tools (e.g. I3, Nice, Verint, etc.) and relevant workforce management methodology to maximize resource efficiency and achieve contact center KPIs.
- Monitor daily agent activity and call volume trends for multiple queues and sites.
- Perform intra-day analysis and formulate/execute courses of action to resolve staffing/scheduling issues.
- Communication of performance to management on a prescribed cadence.
Other Skills you have:
- Demonstrated strong intra-day balancing across multiple channels or lines of business.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, with emphasis on forecasting and staffing.
- Demonstrated experience in trend analysis, data mining, and ability to interpret data to provide recommendations to drive key business decisions required.
- Designing, testing, and validating reports and methods for accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, customer service representatives, and subject matter experts.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Demonstrated history of adaptability and self-improvement or learning.
- Demonstrated an ability to interact with all levels of employees, vendors, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment requiring the effective management of multiple priorities.
- Ability and desire to represent and explain complex models of data analysis to operation staff, leadership and front-line staff in a familiar and non-technical language.
- Software Skills: Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Visio), Google applications (Gmail, Sheets, Drive).
About Hunter Douglas:
Our 100-year history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers thrive. At the heart of Hunter Douglas is our brand purpose – Transforming the Light in the Home. This purpose is felt throughout the entire business. We all strive to communicate to the customer the emotional benefit of investing in Hunter Douglas products by contextualizing the role of the products in the customers’ lives.
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas include:
- Accrued paid time off based on years of service, other family time off benefits available
- Medical, Dental, Vision plan, Life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, Dependent Life, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution
- Employee development including education tuition assistance
- Robust wellness program with access to monthly virtual classes through Wellbeats and monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, dependent scholarships, and more!
Pay Range: $75,000 annually to start, depending on experience