Posted On: 05-22-2023
Position Title: Metrics and Reporting Analyst
Job Location: Hybrid
Apply Online: https://careers-pplweb.icims.com/jobs/9579/analyst—metrics-and-reporting/job
Company Summary Statement
Rhode Island Energy provides essential energy services to over 770,000 customers across Rhode Island through the delivery of electricity or natural gas. Our team is dedicated to helping Rhode Island customers and communities thrive while supporting the transition to a cleaner energy future. Rhode Island Energy is part of the PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL) family of companies addressing energy challenges head-on by building smarter, more resilient, and more dynamic power grids and advancing sustainable energy solutions. PPL is a positive force in the cities and towns where we do business, providing support for programs and organizations that empower the success of future generations by helping to build and maintain strong, diverse communities today.
Reporting to the Manager of Workforce Management Performance and Strategy, the Metrics and Reporting Analyst is responsible for reporting on contact center performance analysis, including queue performance, agent productivity, and other KPIs. Successful candidates will rely on in-depth business knowledge as well as skills in database tables, report creation, SQL code, and the ability to translate requirements into analysis and reporting. The position requires a detailed, timely, consistent, and accurate approach to reporting. Individuals considering this role should be very comfortable reviewing and maintaining large scale data sets gathered from trending patterns.
- Collect, clean, and analyze data from various sources to help inform business decisions, identify trends, and investigate anomalies.
- Create business reports that provide insight into key data points.
- Develop an automated report process and self-service distribution for routine daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
- Manage real-time, ad-hoc reporting requests to support the changing needs of the business.
- Create data visualizations and reports to present findings to stakeholders.
- Maintain and update documentation related to applications and data analysis processes.
- Accurately analyze and collect data for various types of business reports.
- Monitor data to identify changes in trends.
- Regularly examine data reports to locate and resolve mistakes throughout.
- Maintain a working knowledge of existing business processes and reporting.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of data analysis.
- Exhibit strong communication and listening skills and be able to clearly articulate and present the results of data analysis to a varied audience including senior leadership.
- Excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Emergency and storm role commitment; this is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service.
- The company reserves the right to determine if this position will be assigned to work on-site, remotely, or a combination of both. Assigned work location may change. In the case of remote work, physical presence in the office/on-site may be required to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of analytical/problem solving experience, or six years of relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an innate curiosity and a desire to solve problems.
- Ability to use SQL, PowerBI, and/or Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables, graphs, and charts.
- Tendency to pay close attention to small details that could impact results.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively relate data to coworkers.
- Knowledge of SQL or other DB platforms is preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Access, Tableau, Power BI, or comparable BI applications a plus.
- Utilities experience a plus.