Posted On: 11-22-2021
Position Title: Sr. Workforce Consultant
Job Location: Hartford, CT; Glens Falls, NY, Knoxville, TN, Richardson, TX, Spokane, WA or Remote
Apply Online: https://careers.travelers.com/job/14331811/sr-workforce-consultant-us-nationwide/
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
The Workforce Management team drives solutions and strategies that maximize efficiency and maintain employee and customer satisfaction. As the Sr. Consultant, Workforce Management, you will partner closely with the Contact Center/Claim Center/Operations Management Team by forecasting, scheduling, planning, and making recommendations for improvements. You will leverage your subject matter expertise in metrics, reporting and data analysis to determine the best use of time, people, and systems to meet the business needs of today and tomorrow.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Construct new and maintain existing long-term models, short-term forecasts, and ad hoc modeling to inform staffing, budgeting, workload distribution, strategic and tactical leadership decisions, and support achievement of service objectives.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the Workforce Management discipline and related technologies, while acting as a trusted advisor in support of a highly dynamic, complex environment with various types and levels of staffing.
- Provide recommendations to leadership and influence outcomes that will support our long-term capacity and workload budgeting plans.
- Understand processes and aggregate, manipulate, and analyze data to produce accurate, insightful, and contextual reports to leadership that convey trends to inform business decisions.
- Participate in operational and Workforce technology testing, validate updates/changes, and troubleshoot system/user issues and recommend enhancements.
- Seek opportunities to improve and develop processes, procedures, and projects including maintaining Best Practice documentation and communicating changes to appropriate audiences.
- Monitor systems, coordinate key activities and projects, identify and address unexpected workload or staffing variations, and proactively report trends to assist management in dealing with real time adherence.
- Support a wide variety of tasks and requests from end users and stakeholders including schedule change/move requests, staff movement, and WFM software administration.
- Lead training of new WFM staff and educate end users and stakeholders on products, services, and Workforce Management principles, while influencing the adoption of approaches to managing staffing/capacity.
- High school diploma and two years of work experience in management information, finance, statistical analysis, Workforce Management, Claim or Contact Center.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience forecasting, scheduling, and configuring business rules within a Workforce Management software, and basic knowledge of contact routing software.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong working knowledge of contact or claim center operations and Property & Casualty insurance products and systems.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to manage data and leverage business statistics to improve accuracy.
- Experience with Aspect or other WFM Software, IBM TM1, SQL, Genesys or other call routing software, and MicroStrategy, Cognos, or other reporting tools. In addition, solid background in Sharepoint set-up (SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Flow, PowerApps and PowerAutomate).
- Self-starter with the ability to change tasks quickly, prioritize, and reprioritize to maintain efficient operations and ensure expectations are properly set and met.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills with a customer service focus and ability to use data visualization, storytelling skills, Workforce Management principles, and emotional intelligence to influence leadership and contribute to a team environment.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Detail Focus
- Innovative perspective
- Proficient organization and time management skills
- Self-starter, self-motivator, self-disciplined
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access, a plus
- Experience with Aspect, a plus
- Ability to effectively multi-task required
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to promote as well as contribute to a team environment
- Strong customer service focus
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment
- Requires extended periods of computer use
- Requires extended periods of sitting
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.